IF YOU LOVE THEM,LET THEM GO
Dating / 10:16 PM - Saturday January 03, 2009

IF YOU LOVE THEM,LET THEM GO

THEY SAY IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE LET THEM GO,IF THEY COME BACK THERE YOURS,BUT IF YOU REALLY LOVE THEM AND CANT LIVE WITHOUT THEM.HOW DO YOU LET THEM GO?

I HAD TO LET HER GO TODAY,IM VERY AFRAID I DONT WANT TO LET HER GO.BUT I JUST WANT HER TO BE HAPPY

- Asked by indyfan, A Guy Critical, Male, 26-28

I think that quote is the most retarded quote that has been passed down!
If you love something, you treasure it. you don't cast it away.
If someone doesn't love you, then of course, you let them go, you don't hold them captive, and you realize that while yes, you love them, they aren't happy with you, and you have to let them find their own happiness. But for me to look at my guy and say "I just love you so much, I think you could be happier elsewhere" isn't going to happen!
You treasure what you love, you don't throw it away, and if they choose to throw it away, then that's not you "letting them go".
The quote is useless crap that people use to try to make themselves feel better.
And no, that rant isn't at you, it's at the quote.
I am sorry that you are going through the rough time with her.
Maybe it will work out, maybe it won't. But the whole "if she doesn't return she was never really yours" is BS too. You loved and enjoyed each other while it lasted. Now it has ended, and as hard as it is today, life goes on.

- Response by leebee, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

Then you did the right thing and maybe she'll realize what she is missing and come back! Be patient and don't push her!

- Response by lam0366, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Administrative

One of the hardest things in life is letting go of someone we love. By looking at your age group you are still very young and there amy yet still be many special ladies to come. Stay strong and as you said if you set her free and she was meant to be yours, she will come back to you.

- Response by shyguy63, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

well i can never let my man go...be to hard but its the same with him.

If she doesnt feel the same back than you have to let her be happy even if she is without you..

all we ever try to do is to make our loved ones happy..just know your doing this for her happiness..i mean thats what you wanted for her the whole time right ?

i even told my bf once that i want him to be happy even if its with me.. honestly if thats the case its a great thing you are doing , shows that you are willing to make her happy even if thats not what makes you happy. Dont be sad because you lost her..even if it for now or forever. Just know you did all you could. Would you regret not doing somehting later about letting her go ?

All i can say is that its not a loss/loss its a loss/win. You may have lost her as that one person in your life but you won by making someone else happier. Be proud that you did that, be happy knowing she is as well..

- Response by A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

Don't let her go !!!!..... if you love her...TELL HER ASAP !!!

This is foolish !!!........ get her back if there's mutual love.

- Response by pittfootball, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45

I guess the question is whether or not you should've let her go. I think so. I think you both came to some conclusion that your lives were entwined and that a sense of freedom needed to be injected into your relationship. It looks like you're still very young. There is still so much growing to do. You will find you aren't going to be the person you are at 18-21 as you are in your mid-20's or even into your 30's. You did the right thing.

- Response by zerotohero2, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

Because you love the person so much that you can put the person's interest above yours, in most cases.

You know that if you keep talking to the person, it seems only have a negative impact on the person's life.

You said and you do love the person.

So... let the person go.

She will then be happy. :)

- Response by visitor6785, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Financial / Banking

It sounds like a beautiful idea but what that leads to is hope. Which was the last curse brought on to mankind by pandora's box. If you wait to for it to return then who is to say they're not doing the exact same thing. If both of you are waiting then you guys will never comeback to one another.

- Response by goldenkitten, A Creative, Female, 22-25

Awww Jeez. I am so sorry. It may yet work out.

- Response by keldog4511, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Managerial

Its hard to let someone go and Im sorry that you felt you had to let her go.I hope that you both can be happy even if it's not together.

- Response by hazeleyes1109, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Food Service