Why do I still feel like a kid?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 3:57 PM - Friday January 02, 2009

Why do I still feel like a kid?

I'm finally on my own, I have a career, and I'm self-sufficient. So why do I still feel like a college kid? I try hard to be a man and a gentleman, yet I still feel like I'm not mature enough yet. Does it just take time, or are there things I can do (or not do) that will help me feel more mature?

- Asked by dbacksfan, A Player, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Honey...we ALL still feel like that. No matter how old you become, you will still always feel like "you" on the inside.

You just keep on doing what's right and you'll grow up just fine... and when you hit 40 and still feel like a college kid, you can give me a call and tell me I was right. If I'm not dead of old age by then...laying in my coffin... feeling like a teenager. LOL! ;)

- Response by southjerseygirl, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Administrative

you are mature, but also young enough to still feel like a kid.. most guys your age are not very self-sufficient, so i think you're doing an ok job :)

- Response by jojo914, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

that's a perfectly normal feeling! i'm 27 & have been through a lot of things that made me grow up sooner then i should have..people tell me that i've been maturer than most adults by the time i was 10...but i still feel so young

- Response by dragonflyfairie, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

You just need life experience and the only way your gonna get that is living. You mature through those experience. Not through materialistic stuff. Don't worry. You'll never grow out of that feeling. You learn stuff until the day you die. You are already maturing just be acknowledging you want to feel more mature.

- Response by less2star, A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed

I always feel like a kid at thirty plus something!

I think the word your searching for is called life expereivcne. it sounds to me like you have a quest for something that will give you more than you have right now.

Listen carefully. I had the same quest at your age (for simplicity sake just take this as read) I wanted to experience more things and still felt like a kid at 30.....your not alone

Just work hard, play hard and enjoy life as it comes to you.

- Response by spadeace, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

You would be surprised at how many people feel that same way. I was not a WOMAN until well into my thirties although I had married, had children, etc. I am really not sure what exactly does it.

- Response by keldog4511, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Managerial

Thanks to society, I don't feel like that either; and I'm 26!! It's the whole extended adolescence thing that we're all in. Plus in my parents eyes, I'm always going to be their little girl...buy a house or a new car, nothing makes you feel more grown up than a montly mortgage/car payment. Or better, sit down one day this month and actually look at all the bills you pay over the course of the month--that's a wake up call in itself.

You did not graduate from the school of hard knocks I take it!

They will come and then oh boy you'll envy the days!