Girls, if you were truly in love with someone would you beg him to come back or are you to proud?
Dating / 12:49 AM - Friday January 02, 2009

I love my ex to death, would do anything for him, does he know that NO! There is no way I would let on that I am still totally in love w/him. Sometimes I am afraid that I am way to proud, but begging just isn't in my nature. I almost feel like it is what needs to be done for him to consider me again. I have been overly proud throughout our relationship and guarded and I think that is what scared him away. Anyone else like me on here? Did you let your guard down, or "beg" a guy to come back to you anyway? Did it work out?

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

During the break up or fight I might argue my point, maybe even beg a little but after he is gone I would be to proud.
I had a friend who was living at her guys house and he wanted to break up and her to move out and pretty much her answer was no and he got to tired to argue with her, and they had sex and that was 3 years ago and they are still together

- Response by teach08, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Detroit, Teaching

i love my ex to death also, and he knows it! right now we are on a break but in the past i have begged, i'm not too proud.. when you believe in something u dont give up

- Response by jojo914, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

I don't think I would beg. I would offer but if he doesn't want to come back thats his choice. He will know what he is missing out on and then he will come back begging...

- Response by phatmama2003, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Boston, Who Cares?

No. I've never begged anyone to come back. Why would I? There are many men on this earth that is just as great as I could have thought my ex to be. He's not the only man that I can have a relationship with. I think if he's an ex. Then, it's over. If you feel you can't get over him and you want to tell him how you feel one last time. Then, do it. But, do it so you can get some closure and move on. Because, there is nothing worse than not being able to move on, pining away for someone, and longing for them to love you and want you back, and they never do.

Instead, they are moving on with their life. They are meeting other women, dating, and eventually they end up getting married and having children. Then, you feel even worse. Because, that's when you face the reality that it's never going to be again and that person has been moving on all the while you were pining year after year for them. They've been enjoying sex and everything else with someone else. So, I don't believe in hoping forever. There's nothing wrong with giving it one last try. But, you don't have to beg. Just tell him how you feel. Just know that you might not get the reaction you wanted and you might feel even worse. You can do all that you say and he still not "consider" you anymore. It doesn't matter why he ended the relationship. You can only guess now. It might just have been that he realized you were not the one. Sometimes, you just have to accept that.

I wouldn't beg anyone for anything. You are right. you can tell him you love him, or discuss any differences, but I would never beg, because it would make me feel that I lost my self-respect. If he doesn't appreciate you, you will eventually find someone else who does.

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 66 or older, Philadelphia, Retired

Are you listening to yourself ???

You should never have to beg for anything, NEVER !!!!

don't blame yourself for his stupidity.

Please, I know you're hurting, but he doesn't deserve you if you think you have to beg.

- Response by pittfootball, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45

I probably would either talk with them or write them a letter and let them know how I feel and then let them decide whether or not to come back and if they didn't, I would accept that they didn't want to come back and leave things at that...I've only ever tried 'begging' once and although it worked, the relationship ended because he didn't tell me or his 'new' girlfriend that he was seeing us both and we found out one day when she called the house and I answered...I think it was his way of trying to tell me that he didn't/couldn't decide who he really wanted to be with...after that, I accepted it was over for good and I never did it again...:D

I must admitt that I did beg. And he came back i was happy but the truth is after a while it wasnt truly there anymore. Yes I Loved him to death but then it made me think..." Does he really love me or was it just sympathy?" we had an argument and he decided to leave me again. this happened for a few times. but after a while it got tiring so I left HIM. He begged me but it just wasnt there you know. So think is he coming back for love or sympathy??

second, there is nothing wrong with being pround. just means that you could be independant. Talk to him. let your guard down but dont beg. Simply tell him..." I love you with alll my heart and if you ever want to come back and give it a second try the door is always open" and see what happens from there. and if he doesnt then hey there are MANY more men. cuter too ^_~

- Response by DarkBunnie, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Student

Love has to be a two way street----I am in love (hopeful romantic), but he currently only sees me as a friend.....

I only wish that if I will never be considered for love material, that he will tell me so I don't end up a fool......and end up giving him dating advice---which would crush my heart..........

- Response by iowaczechartist, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

If you really love him then I don't see the problems in putting your feelings out there for him to know. Never let your pride make you lose a good thing...

- Response by hopelessr0mantic, A Thinker, Female, 29-35