When do you take the Christmas decorations down??? Both inside and out????
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 8:02 PM - Thursday January 01, 2009

I always took mine down on New Years Day...By then I was tired of looking at them.

- Asked by barbb, An Alternative Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

The deed is already done.....and I had finished all yesterday....

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

Here in Colorado and more spacificly Denver we have a tradition of not taking down outdoor Christmas lights and decorations until after the National Western Stockshow and Rodio which is held mid January every year.

The indoor tree maybe gone after New Years but the lights on the house will still be up and lit until after the Stock Show. This year is held January 10 - 25.

- Response by cosmicdog0, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Denver, Science / Engineering

Happy New Years again Barb :)

They usually come down about the second week in January.

- Response by sweetncharmn1, An Engaged Guy, Male, 36-45

About 3/4 of our decorations were put away today, including dismantling of the Christmas tree. We left up the lights on the porch, front window---and my dining room table still have the Christmas cloth and centerpiece and candles on it. I wanted to have one more family dinner with those items out.

The rest of the putting away will happen probably by the end of the weekend at the latest.

- Response by ocelotspot, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

I take the tree down the day after christmas, the christmas cards down new years day and we don't have any outside ones yet, but next year it will proly just be lights and we will take them down proly in Feb.

- Response by screambeams, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Mine are still up, and will probably be for the rest of the week..I hate taking down my little tree in the livingroom. It looks so pretty lit up at nite, & it's artificial, so I might leave it there for another mo. that's what I did last yr.!lol:)

- Response by linne, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Artist / Musician / Writer

thats easy.. with three cats I didnt put any up so none came down.. unless you count my santa nightlight in the guest bath, I unplugged it.. LOL

The tree is still up. I am hoping it will come down this weekend.

- Response by usarmy24id, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Celebrity

I always take mine down the weekend after New Years. Ack, it's a daunting task. Fun putting the stuff up, not so much taking it down.

- Response by meandmrjones, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

what Christmas decorations?

- Response by headscratching, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

yeah...my lights ain't been on much..mines going down this weekend---its hogging-up my living room.
:/

- Response by pinknblu, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

New Years! Got to have something to do while your fighting the hang over.

- Response by sleeplessis, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Seattle, Other Profession

Last year I took them down in March! But I just decorate the inside (apartment) so not EVERYONE knows how crazy I am.

- Response by audbal82, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Tampa, Science / Engineering

This weekend we will as we are having family over for dinner tomorrow night. After that, no more gatherings!

All were taken down in less than 2 hours today, then I cleaned up and organized the house a little. The outside tree kept falling down because of the 45 mph winds, so whether that lose anything, we took them down.

- Response by daffodils2008, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Medical / Dental

Yep......Ours is down....I'll finish the rest tomorrow!

- Response by lam0366, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Administrative

January 6th......the traditional Feast of the Epiphany, when the Wise Men came to honor the baby Jesus.

How else can they find the manger if you take down all the lights and decorations !???!?!?!!?!?

OH.....I KNOW all abt the STAR.......

YOU DON'T BELIEVE ALL THAT POOPIE DOOPIE, DO YOU ????

- Response by nuttyprofessor, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Transportation

I never put any up!

- Response by cougar01, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

Probally over the weekend we will

We always have company on New Year's Day so we leave everything up. The hard work of taking everything down starts tomorrow!!!! We are not looking forward to it but someone has to do it.....LOL

- Response by youngatheart51, A Cool Mom, Female, 56-65, Administrative

I took mine out the day after Christmas.

- Response by phatmama2003, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Boston, Who Cares?

I'm with ya! All down.........I hate putting them up, I only do it for my 4 yr old.

- Response by hooker, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, New Orleans, Retired

I didn't get a chance to decorate like I wanted because my dad was pretty sick for a couple of months but I usually like to have them put up at least 1 week before Christmas and 2 weeks after, just to keep things in the 'spirit'...my children like me to keep the lights up outside until the 3rd so I usually just wait til it's warm out to take them down...:D

January 6...12th night, also the start of the Mardi Gras season, ya coming?

- Response by hotair, A Father Figure, Male, 66 or older, New Orleans, Transportation

January 15

- Response by A Creative, Male, 29-35, Johannesburg, Internet / New Media

as soon as possible after the 25th. I want my living room back. When the kids and wife were here I waited until the weekend after new years (because she wanted it up till after 1/1) Until further development changes things up on the 15th and down on the 27th.

- Response by hoopsjunkie, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Indianapolis, Self-Employed

The official answer to that question is the 6th of January.

Christmas offcialy starts 12 days before the 25th of december and ends 12 days after the 25th of december, hence the song
"12 days of christmas"

leave them up any longer than the 6th of january and its ment to be badluck.

- Response by cheekymatt25, A Career Man, Male, 29-35, London, Body Work

I take them down a couple of days into this month. Exactly there is law. I forget the date. But the city says if your Christmas decortions are not down by this date you will get fined. If you refuse to pay the fine you will get thrown in jail and I dont know maybe they take it down for you lol.

because we always have a real tree its time to take it down right after christmas, usually around the 28th,

- Response by oralex, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Atlanta, Who Cares?

Weekend after Epiphany. Christmas is more than one day, and it's meant to be celebrated that way.

- Response by jophus, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

I usually take mine down on New Years, but I had a big dinner so I just finished taking down and putting up and getting rid of some old things. That's my New Years Resolution, getting rid of old unused and ugly stuff. I wish I could apply to my personal life. Oh well.

- Response by sexygrandma, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Retired

february 1st ! :)
i put them up late, so i have a extend the hard work,
well... just a little, i just took down the lights outside.
but i really keep my tree up until January is gone,
i get too sentimental to take it down, :)

- Response by songbirds, A Creative, Female, 18-21, Los Angeles, Technical

I took mine down a few days after Christmas. I got so sick of seeing them, plus the husband unplugged the tree to plug in something else anyway.

- Response by mrsjsqanda, A Married Girl, Female, 26-28, Atlanta, Who Cares?

well i think you should take them off right after new years...
it does get boring after seeing it..

- Response by pinksugar32, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25

The 1st or 2nd of January, depends on when the first weekend of the year rolls around. Not too big of a hurry to take all the Xmas things down....

- Response by greysorrel, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental