Give me my flowers while I'm still alive!
Friendship / 10:03 PM - Wednesday December 31, 2008

One of my best friends died Sunday, she was only 38! An aneurysm, can you believe that? We are in a total state of disbelief.
I was just thinking, we tell our family we love them, but do we make it a point to tell others that they are loved and why? I mean, saying it just because, for no particular reason. She was so special to me. It was a given how we felt. She was my sister-friend. I wish I could have said it only once...just because!

- Asked by gumboyaya, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Law Enforcement

i hear ya sorry for your loss..this last year we lost 11 friends ..crazy the last was 46 just this past sat,,sudden and like your friend shocking,just realize that we all can go at anytime so theres no sense hiding or denying or keeping your feelings to yourself because tomorrow could be to late..

- Response by swemur1, A Creative, Female, 46-55

aww i'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure she knew how you felt, even without saying it. Friends always know they are loved. May she rest in peace. God bless you.

- Response by jojo914, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

This is very sad to hear, my condolences to you, your friends and families. You make a very good point, it is terrible at times it takes death to bring this realization. I am sure she knew you loved her. Please take care.

- Response by lovelylife, A Life of the Party, Female, Who Cares?

I'm sorry for your loss and have pondered that same question,had I told them and did they know just how much they ment to me. That was a question I didn't want wonder about again, so the first thing that came to me was actions speak louder than words. Showing love and appriciation is so important and proof more than words because it's given/felt from your heart and w/in your soul. I can't go back in time but I made the decision to do my best to make sure that spoken or not and w/out doubt- those who I hold dearest to my heart WILL fell it more than they'll hear it!!

- Response by swtnss08, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Alternative Medicine

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss...that is a sad shock, your friend losing her life so unexpectly like this.

I agree with you, however---it's good to appreciate those that we love and cherish now, while they are still living. I do feel that our prayers reach those who have crossed over the threshold of death---but, it's not the same as being able to hug someone and see their smile in response to your kindness.

I hope that you get many hugs and expressions of love from your other friends and family as well at this time.

- Response by ocelotspot, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

I'm sorry for your loss. It just seems that at times we are so busy in life to appreciate those around us and we need to take the time to tell them so, that they are loved and appreciated. We take things for granted. But I'm sure that your best friend knew that you care for her.

Wow- I am sorry to hear of your loss. My friend's significant other also died from an aneurysm in his 30's. My doctor said that high blood presssure is a key factor usually. It is sad. We must cherish those we love.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed

as there is no way to know when we clock out we should live everyday as if we want it to be the last things our family and friends will remember of us. this is often hard when there is turmoil and points to be made that might take time to do so. but it can be done by always repeating every leaving and good-bye with an i love you and how ever you want that person to think that last thought of you.

- Response by silverbirch3x, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Indianapolis, Retired

i tell people i love everyday, it is so imporant ot me to do this, I'm sorry about your loss!!

- Response by sportsnut7875, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Technical