Do you believe that we all have a set time to die?
Family & Parenting / 10:58 PM - Monday December 29, 2008

do you believe that we all have a set time to die?

My dad died 3 weeks ago in a terrible auto accident. His was the only vehicle involved. My mom and one of my sons was also in my dad's pickup. The truck was totaled and was startling to see. He slipped on ice, the truck spun around and rolled down a steep hill. Dad was ejected and landed about 100 feet from the truck. My mom has some injuries, but walked away and will be fine and my boy is physically 100% fine.

Looking at where the accident happened and the truck I can totally see how my dad died. But I cant figure out how my son and mom are ok. It wasn't there time. It was my dad's time... that's what people keep saying. Who decides it's "our time?"

- Asked by deadfish, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Kansas City, Other Profession

It seems to be God and the Universe, but we will never be let in on why.

OOOOOOPS, sorry hit the wrong button.....I am sooooooo sorry for your Dad passing like that. Count it a miracle that your mom and son weren't hurt. God works in misterious ways and for even more mysterious reasons. God Bless you and yours.

Im so sorry about your dad. hugs Im not sure how I feel about having a set time when we die. It remains a mystery.

- Response by 1sassychic, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Student

oh my god, i am so sorry to hear about your dad! this may sound bad but thankfully your mom and son are okay.. I can't imagine how you must feel right now, its horrible. god bless you all

- Response by jojo914, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

I do believe God choses when we will die. As well as, many other events in our lives. I am sorry for your families loss.

- Response by nowornever, A Thinker, Female, 66 or older, Financial / Banking

It is written in the bok of life and God has it.

I am so sorry to hear this. I am happy that your mother and son walked away but I am so sorry about your dad.

- Response by keldog4511, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Managerial

If the intention of God who lives forever was for man borne in his likeness to die, what is the point of us being here? --Gen. 1:26; Psalm 83:17, 18.

If the intention of God who lives forever was for us to die, why has he placed THE SAME ETERNITY IN OUR HEARTS that we will never learn the work HE has made from start to finish? --Eccles. 3:11.

If the intention of God who lives forever was for us to die, what good would going to church in worship of him do?

And if the intention of God who lives forever was for us to die, who's going to be here to care for the animals HE made first and the earth God has given man to be inhabited? --Gen. 1:27-28; Isaiah 45:18.

If the intention of God who lives forever was for us to die, why did HE send his Son Jesus, a perfect man, here with talk of the perfect kingdom government he would one day rule from heaven over all earthly mankind after giving up his perfect life in death for all of us born imperfect from Adam and Eve who want it with intent to bring us us back to the original perfection and everlasting life their sin lost for us? Gen. 3:15; 22:17, 18; Psalm 37:9-11, 29; 83:17, 18; Ecclesiastes 3:11; Isaiah 45:18; Matthew 5:3-7; 20:28; John 5:28, 29; 17:3; Romans 10:13; 1 Corinthians 15:45-47; 1 Timothy 2:4; Revelation 21:3, 4, etc., etc., etc.

In harmony with all the above and every other Bible scripture that supports GOD'S desire for us all to live forever, it can't be reasoned that HE has set a prearranged "time" for us to die. Were that the case, everyone of us be doomed before we could mes up. We die, then, because of the sin, imperfection and disease we inherited from our progenitors Adam and Eve's willful disobedience against GOD. We die from accidents for the same reason. Another Bible scripture at Ecclesiastes 9:11 that was penned by wise King Solomon bears out this TRUTH: "I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all."

Your father died because of an unforeseen occurrence he, your mother and your son had no way of timing the night of their accident three weeks ago. And true, it was freak--either the impetus of the truck that sent it skidding downhill forced his door open and sucked him out of his seatbelt, throwing him to the icy ground one hundred feet away or the left front of the truck slammed into a tree, which threw off the the truck's frame, forcing his door open and again sucking him out of his seatbelt and the door and flinging him to the icy ground one hundred feet behind the tree. You mother sitting in the truck's right passenger seat was sucked as far as the gear shift, which is why she was not thrown, and your son in the back seat behind her pulled to his left had no door to be thrown through. To sum up, then, your father's death occurred because he was in the wrong place he couldn't have foreseen at the wrong time.

I am so sorry your Dad died this way. But your consolation is that just as Jesus told us, he died in GOD's memory and is going to be brought back to the fullness of life to see you again at GOD'S due timetable to cleanse the earth of Satan and his wickedness and bring back to life all the deserving dead. The above scriptures I have given you as TRUE PROOF you can believe, rather than hearsay from people always telling you what they have heard but never what they have been shown to be TRUTH.

- Response by thedaimler2006, An Alternative Girl, Female, 56-65, Atlanta, Self-Employed

I am so sorry about your Dad, but so happy that your Mom and especially your baby are okay. Yes, I totally believe that you have a pre-destined time that you are going to die. I should have died many times before, but I didn't and so far I haven't found that I have a special reason for being here. It just "wasn't my time".

- Response by kypevans, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Medical / Dental

there is no mysticism involved, it was due to your father not driving more cautiously in bad weather conditions, period. There is no ordained time to die but this is always the irrational conclusions drawn by over emotional people who don't reason

- Response by thinker52, An Engaged Guy, Male, 56-65, Self-Employed