What is the milky white slime that comes from your vagina?
Sex & Intimacy / 6:59 PM - Sunday December 28, 2008

So I pulled down my pants to go to the bathroom and there was milky white slime on my underwear which i always have and then I went to wipe and there is a slimy strand of milky white goo dangling. I'm tired of wandering what it is. What is it?? help me.

Some people have that after they ovulate. It's secretions related to fluctuations in hormones usually. So long as you have tested clean for STD's it's nothing to be concerned about.
Pay attention to your cycle and you will start to recognize that it happens about the same time in your cycle.

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I don't know exactly what it is, and it is disgusting, but it's quite normal. So don't worry.

- Response by tortureu2, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

......well, so much for me eating dinner tonight.

- Response by unclemeat, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

this is simply a disgusting post.

resubmit in twenty years.

Its a discharge your vagina gets while ovulating. Its purpose is to aid the sperm on their journey to the fallopian tubes, insuring the best chance at conception.

It's a woman thing.

Thank you... I had devilled egg in my mouth.

- Response by dartplayingfool, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Construction

Time for a gyn appointment!

- Response by cubbiegal, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Chicago, Administrative

see a DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Response by honeywillow, A Life of the Party, Female, 46-55, Edmonton, Who Cares?

It's discharge. You're probably ovulating. It's totally normal. I'm sure all the men reading this are thinking... eeewwwwww lol

- Response by liltalian, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

it is totally normal so dont worry ,. my dear

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Dallas, Who Cares?

that is nasty.

- Response by evilella, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Atlanta, Self-Employed

My not being a doctor I can assume it is your ovulation time. You should check with your doctor but I will tell you that when you were in school they probably never told you that approximately 12 days after the first day of your period you will ovulate and WHEN you ovulate (drop an egg) it will be covered in the kind of slime that you described. Mark your calendar and you will expect to have some form of cramping around the 12th day after your first day of your last period and then when you go to the bathroom you will see this discharge. They tell us girls ALL ABOUT our periods and a little about sex and how you can become pregnant or pass STD's, but they fail to tell us about the ovulation discharge. Best to double check with your doctor to be safe though. :)

- Response by msbrunette, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55

Woah, it's crazy how little some of these people know about DISCHARGE!
In fact, no one has really gotten it right...
The gunk that comes out of your vagina is a sort of (yes, kind of gross) vaginal mucous, which cleans the vagina by flushing out dead cells, etc. It's perfectly normal to have clear or white-ish, that dries white or clear. It generally becomes thicker at certain times- such as when you are ovulating or sexually excited.
I'd only worry about it if you notice a change...maybe in texture, colour or smell. THAT is when you should see a doctor.
Otherwise, make sure you're washing the area daily with a gentle soap and you're good to go.

- Response by scar1etstar1et, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Therapist

It's an indication of you being fertile and just about ready to conceive...this happens around the same time each month and can be noticed more so just before you release an egg...it's normal as long it's not showing up with a foul smelling odor than it could be a yeast infection or bacterial infection...:D

I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on tv, but I'm willing to say it's your body saying, "OVULATION TIME!" If you're really puzzled by this, you should see your doctor.

- Response by myrtletyrtle, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

the milky white substance oozing from your gash is a form of feminine puss. Your twat is rotting from the inside and festering that milky white puss as a result. try using a douche.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35

These guys are bastards. It is for some of the reasons that were already stated, but also the vagina has to remain moist. I doubt you need a douche or are having improper sex. Ignore the assholes. As if under their foreskin is heaven or their balls don't get in the way.

- Response by funcupcakegirlminister57, A Cool Mom, Female, 26-28

Sounds like rice pudding...:)

ykno, if you insist on a condom every single time that is prolly less likely to happen..... ijs.

- Response by maleficpresence, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Chicago, Technical