He invited me to stay at his house, and didn't even attempt to make a move on me.
Dating / 12:15 PM - Sunday December 28, 2008

I was out drinking with some people, and a friend and I decided to share a cab home because we live near each other. When the cab pulled up to his house, he invited me to crash at his place. We sat on his couch and talked for a few hours and he didn't try to make a move on me once, so I didn't really try to make a move on him either. Let me add that I've been interested in this guy for a long time and have told him so.

When we both got sleepy, he invited me to sleep in his bed because it was much more comfortable than his guest bed. He didn't try anything that night or the next morning, and so neither did I. We hung out for several more hours the next day and then he drove me to my car. We made vague plans to hang out, and we didn't even hug--and he's one of those people who hugs everyone.

What's the deal? And no, he's not gay. Also, I am attractive and smart and have known this guy for like 7 years.

- Asked by superstitious, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Financial / Banking

In my book you both score 10 / 10. There are still some good men out there who don't have sex simly because it is available.

At the very least you have preserved the friendship because you will not have the awkwardness of sex or rejection . . . with a friend.

Continue to play it cool, as you have done, and you have a better chance of a relationship with this man in the long run. I can guarantee you have got his attention and he is thinking along the same lines as you right now.

If it still worries you, some time in the future, when its relevant and in context, ask him why nothing happened.

- Response by kitchencabinet, A Creative, Male, 56-65, Johannesburg, Internet / New Media

I wouldn't know, but maybe he is a bit shy? Maybe he hoped on you making a move (maybe he'll post a question later asking why you didn't make a move ;)). Its weird, but I would hang out with him next time and go for it yourself a bit more. Are you sure you given him enough space to make a move?

- Response by blitzoff, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 26-28, Student

He was probably feeling awkward after sleeping in the same bed the night before. If you and he have been friends for 7 years, he probably also does not want to jeopardize that friendship by sleeping together. All of this might have happened too because of drinking.

- Response by simplehonesty55, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

Maybe he doesn't want to hurt the friendship. It's obvious that he cares for u also & he likes ur friendship. Which a relationship gone sour could:-(

- Response by spitfire815, A Hippie Chick, Female, 66 or older, Who Cares?

It sounds like you accepted his invitation thinking that something would end up happening. It also sounds like he is only interested in you as a friend. Leave it at that or you will ruin a good friendship.

- Response by lagirlnextdoor, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Administrative