My ex-boyfriend hated going down on me because I smell/taste bad.
Sex & Intimacy / 7:56 AM - Tuesday December 16, 2008

My ex-boyfriend always said that he just hated going down on women in general. Now that we have broken up he admits that he loves going down on women, just not me. He says that my vagina has a terrible smell and taste compared to other women, what can I do?

Hi all, Thanks for the advice. I am a very hygenic person and I was already paranoid about my smell so I kept clean. As for disease, we had been together for almost 2 years (I doubt a disease could have persistently kept me stinky that whole time). I'll try the pinapple juice and take my hygeine to a whole new level (for the next guy), thanks.

Sounds like you've already been able to get rid of something that stinks and has bad taste.. Your ex boyfriend... I'm sure it's not as bad as he portrays it to be.. you'll be a better person for having him gone..

- Response by sirknowsalot08, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Science / Engineering

Wow, thats not good. lol Have you tried douching? And if that doesn't work, you may want to see a doc, they can tell you if there is something wrong down there.

- Response by mel2583, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed

you have to keep that thing clean girl..you shouls be able to smell or taste yourself and see when it is bad or not..maybe you need to see a doctor or something??

- Response by eagerbeaver, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

Bathe often and wear cotton underwear. Try trimming the bush too. I don't recommend doucheing on a regular basis. It can kill the necessary bacteria and cause itching and infections.

- Response by cubbiegal, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Chicago, Administrative

Assuming your hygiene is up to par, I'd recommend you go to the doctor to rule out a bacterial/yeast infection. Please do NOT douche. Most doctors don't recommend it as it can mess up your PH balance as well send bacteria further in, creating more problems.

I've also heard where some women forget to remove their last tampon and it can wreck havoc so rule that out too.

Make sure you wash up BEFORE and after sex. Don't use perfumes--if you use any additional scents, use the ones designed for down there.

And I guess I'll throw it out there--some women don't know how to wash their butts. I'm serious---they think letting soapy water run over it is enough. Bullcrap. We have lots of folds and things down there honey so you have to get all up in everything to make sure you're (gently) cleaning everything.

First, your ex is an idiot. Now that you have broken up he could be feeding you crap to make you feel bad. Second, drink pineapple juice during the day before you may have sex. Wait until right before you have sex to do a little personal hygiene.
Keep wet wipes handy.

- Response by livestolaugh, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Managerial

Clean it out girl

Get that STD checked out by your doctor. I have eaten a lot of pussy in my day... A LOT... and I have noticed that women all basically smell the same. Granted, some women have stronger or lighter scent, but it's all vagina fragrance. If one spells... different... that often means there is some sort of infection brewing, or a problem with personal hygine. Yes, your vagina does actually need to be washed just like the rest of you. If it's none of that... it may just be that you happen to be one of those with a strong scent. There isn't much you can do about that. Some women dousche often, but that actually isn't good for you... because when you destroy the natural bacteria that are supposed to be there, it allows other harmful bacteria to move in. Do some checking... and get that figured out.

- Response by horsepowerjunky, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35