Should I greet my ex boyfriend Happy Birthday through a text?
Dating / 11:13 PM - Sunday December 14, 2008

Its my ex's birthday today. We went out for 2 months and ended in good terms(he broke it off, and I agreed). It was a mutual breakup. I haven't spoken to him much, only once when i message him on myspace. it was a picture he was talking about and I found it and I sent it to him and he replied nicely. This past week I've been missing him(could just be the holidays) and its his birthday. I wanna text him Happy Birthday but my friends told me its not a good idea. He might think of it as something, but I'm the type of girl that don't hold grudges and is considerate. I want to but I don't know if its a good idea. Any thoughts?

- Asked by jovell1008, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Student

He dumped you. The best thing you can do is forget him and move on to new people instead of grasping at straws and crumbs trying to keep in contact with him.

This guy isn't worth your time and attention. You should think higher of yourself and move on.

He will definitely think you are still pining for him. Forget him.

- Response by meowmeowww, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

dont

- Response by chkdsskt, A Guy Critical, Male, 26-28, Administrative

A text message is probably best. In person happy-bday might feel wierd and he might think your trying to get back with him.

- Response by dontfeelpain, A Jock, Male, 29-35, Food Service

If you currently have a boyfriend, then I wouldn't suggest you do ... but if you don't, and its simply an innocent birthday wish, then its fine ... but from reading the manner in which you presented the question, it seems like there's an undertone on why you really want to wish him Happy BDay

- Response by directpvc, A Creative, Male, 22-25, New York, Artist / Musician / Writer

If he is your EX, maybe its not such a good idea. Leave the past in the past.

- Response by bfly36, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Other Profession