Are you scared of being alone or not finding someone that loves you?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 3:05 PM - Thursday December 11, 2008

Thank you for your answers guys))

- Asked by sunny396e, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Atlanta

NO because I know I have love from my family, friends and mainly all that matters is my daughter that's all I need in the end

- Response by melodyalise, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Salt Lake City, Managerial

i was with my guy for 2 1/2 years, it sucks knowing you invest so much time and love into a relationship only for it to end badly.. so yes, i am absolutely scared to be alone. i want to love someone and have them love me back and live happily together all our lives.

- Response by jojo914, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I'm actually more scared of NOT finding someone that loves me...Being alone is nothing I haven't encountered on a daily basis---and IF i were to be alone when I've already found someone to love me---I would actually be more scared for him cuz he's not w/ me. *winks* HOpe this helps!

- Response by symphony007, A Career Woman, Female, 22-25, Student

I think I am getting to the point where it no longer bothers me.

- Response by MaryAnne, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Regina, Managerial

I'm a bit scared that I'm not scared about being alone.

Heck I'm already alone...I do wonder if I will find someone who loves me like I would them...

- Response by cocoacurevelous, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 46-55, Administrative

I think for me it is a fear of being alone and never getting to love someone again. Not so much them not loving me but me not being able to give to them.

- Response by sassafras, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Atlanta, Other Profession

No. I would much rather be single and independent than settle for the wrong person. But I certainly wouldn't mind finding someone special. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, I'll still have my family and friends and will be OK.

I have pretty much given up on finding a man who will not lie and cheat and love me the way I deserve so I remain alone. It does scare me and make me sad that I see so many people with someone and wonder what is wrong with me? I guess the idea of ending up alone and old is scary.

You know, I'm just realizing after my daughter staying with me, that I am so much more at peace being alone. It seems like everyone that is a daily part of my personal life, gets on my effin nerves! I think I could be happy if I died alone. That's better than dying from effin stress lol.

- Response by twocents47, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

very.......

- Response by nicolegillenwater, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

I wouldn't say that I'm scared of being alone. I'm fine and happy by myself. I just know, though, that I'd be even happier and life would be even more enjoyable if I had someone with whom to share it with. That's all.

- Response by carinabay, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Lawyer

Yes, somewhat. But fear is not a particularly attractive emotion so I try to not display it and I definitely don't think I act in a desperate way. I AM afraid but if I am alone the rest of my life, I know I will find a way to deal with it. Like you have a choice anyway! Hahaha! I am going to embrace it and become the crazy ferret lady (like the crazy cat lady but with ferrets).

- Response by keldog4511, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Managerial

not really. I figure I'm having fun now and doing just fine and I'm technically alone. I don't ever really FEEL alone. Sometimes I get down about not being in a relationship because everyonce in a while it's nice to feel like you have a partner who will look out for you.

- Response by annothergirl, A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, Executive

Nope - never been.

I did find that when I was ACTIVELY looking for love - I never found it
It has to find you..when you're not expecting it

- Response by Vickey69, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Everyone experiences loneliness , some even if they're in a relationship.

- Response by crosseagle72, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

not...really...

- Response by A Creative, Male, 29-35, Johannesburg, Internet / New Media

Nah, I'm a guy...women worry about being alone. Finding women to be with and getting them to love me is easy....when u have charm like I do!

- Response by romanticlover007, A Creative, Male, 46-55, New York, Artist / Musician / Writer

No I've been alone so long now that I've gotten used to it.

- Response by terrible, A Career Man, Male, 46-55, Seattle, Construction

Dude, I had JUST posted a similar question when I saw yours.

Somethin' goin' around?

For those who say, "oh, but I've got my family, my kids, etc."... of course, those people are wonderful, but this question is addressing romance. Do you fear being ROMANTICALLY alone?

My life will never feel unfulfilled because I love my boys so very much, and I love being with them. At the same time, there is a basic human need for romantic love that we cannot/should not deny.

I'm not quite at the point where I fear that need going unfulfilled, but I'm actually thinking about it for the first time.

- Response by dawsonmckay, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Phoenix, Artist / Musician / Writer

Mercy me, I love my solitary privacy. I do not care to have people underfoot. No one loves me, I would suppose, but that does not bother me one teensy tiny bit.

- Response by gilpill, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Chicago, Internet / New Media

Scared of being alone? Not as much as I am of getting stuck with another who just turned out to be WRONGGGGGGGG!

I much prefer the dream of finding that someone over waking up to another days failed escape plan.

- Response by fluff47, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Self-Employed

YES! :(

- Response by misshappy, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Teaching

I am not afraid of being alone because I have a lovely daughter and a wonderful son who will always share life with me. But, I do feel sad sometimes that I am not sharing my personal self with one other. And that has been true for most of my life.

Yes I am.

- Response by binoche, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

Very much so. But it has really been the story of my life, I should be used to it by now. I guess a small part of me hopes that one day I will find someone who really does love me and who I can have an emotionally healthy, loving relationship with.

- Response by sunset77, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

hi im so scared of being alone! guys ask me out but i cant pull myself to say yes. I feel like a clocks ticking and im wasting time. im also scared of being withsome in case i get hurt or i feel im not good enough

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 22-25, London