Why does my boyfriend keep standing me up?
Dating / 3:35 AM - Tuesday December 09, 2008

Me & my male friend had been hanging out for a month & a half. we just made our relationship official like a week ago. now lately he has been standing me up. saying he is going to come over and doesn't and he doesn't call either. i firmly brought up how i felt about it the other day. he txted me the next day like nothing happened and promised to come over. he stood me up once again. i am very angry about it. but at the same time i love him very much. i don't know what to do. help me.

im jus sendin everybody a follow up on the situation. i have been ignorin him. & now he keeps callin me & i send it to voicemail. i wanna talk to him so bad but i feel like he should feel what i have been feelin.

- Asked by cashbanks, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Houston, Student

Quite simply, because you are letting him. When he texts or calls like nothing has happened, I bet you answer him, don't you? Some guys do this just to keep you right where they want you, at home waiting. Some do it because something better came up. Then they act like it's nothing because they have no good excuse and if you aren't going to do anything about it he knows he'll get away with it again and again and again.

If you really love someone, you don't allow them to treat you this way and if they really love and respect you, they won't treat you this way. Put your foot in his ass or be damned. The way you handle problems in the beginning dictate whether or not those things become serious problems.

- Response by meandmrjones, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

you fell in love to soon! How do you know him? Thats not a good sign. If that hurts you and you tell him but he dont stop. Dump him before you get to deeply involved>

- Response by happy38834, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Houston, Other Profession

He's probably used to not having to report changes in his plans and whereabouts to someone everyday, so give him some time to adjust. When I first got engaged, I was in college and sometimes i was late to meet my fiance for dinner because I wasn't use to keeping up with another person. Give him some more time.

- Response by A Creative, Male, 29-35, Teaching

That is not acceptable and very abnormal! I would cut him loose...

- Response by msgg, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Managerial

If he continually stands you up and isn't even a gentleman about his behaviour, it's more than likely that he doesn't 'respect' you in the way that a boyfriend would/should...you need to rethink the relationship and determine if you want this to continue or if you are willing to work at it and have a talk with him about how his being disrespectful to you is causing you to doubt the relationship...:)

Ignore him and he will come running back to u

- Response by dileila, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

dear cash,
let him go, don't be available for him all the time. if you let him run over you now it will never stop. you want someone to be in love with you as well. especially if you are in a romantic relationship. if you were just "friends" still i would say don't worry about it. buy both of you decided to take it to the next level. and decided to be a "couple" together, not still single.

- Response by ravenchic, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25, Houston, Student