Can guys keep going after they cum?
Sex & Intimacy / 2:52 AM - Tuesday December 09, 2008

can guys keep going after they cum?

my bf went for ages the other night.. then asked if i wanted him to keep going, i was like.. have you already cum? and he was like yeah i can keep going.
..excuse my ignorance but i thought it hurt after a guy came if they keep going, and i thought they lose their erection after they cum?

well thanks everyone. that helps alot. i never knew it could happen but obviously..it can haha because here he is..doing it. and about the question of whether he is really reaching orgasm, i know he is because of the mess that was left. it has a distinct smell hah

- Asked by A Life of the Party, Female, 18-21, Student

There is a stage, referred to as the refractory period. In layman's terms, the refractory period refers to a "break time" for a man's penis AFTER he has had an orgasm.

Usually, it takes some time for an excitable membrane to prepare for stimulus again. Yes, it's true that some men can stay erect after orgasm, but rest assured that a majority of men need this "break time" to rebuild their strength and allow their penises time to prepare for the next "round."

I must say that I have NEVER been with a man that fell into this category; EXCEPT two instances. One of them had used Cocaine before having sex and in his particular case, he was lying to me about having an Orgasm. He just kept going forever and really could not have one. The other, without my knowledge at the time, had taken Viagra. Viagra (there are exceptions) will allow a man to have an orgasm and then be just erect enough to insert it again, but not really be REALLY, REALLY rigid. Personally, despite the testimonies to the contrary, I have not seen men who can have an orgasm and then, without a break in time, stay erect and continue having sex.

It is not something that they have control over. It is nature and normal to have this break time between sessions and usually, if in very good health, it is two hours or more (on average) for these breaks.

So, to answer your question: It is possible. Very doubtful. But, it is possible. I would wonder about drug use AND whether or not he is really having an orgasm in the first place.

Hope that helps.

every guy is different in this area, i've never heard of any guy having it actually hurt when they keep going but yeah there are men who can keep it up even after they orgasm = )

- Response by dragonflyfairie, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

Consider yourself lucky! Yes it is possible. My man is like that too, he just has amazing stamina. Most men won't be able to do that.

- Response by sofine, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Internet / New Media

I've been with one guy who could have sex again after cuming. Another guy could keep going once he did come and came twice, thought it was women who were supposed to have multiple orgasms, lol.

- Response by croft1423, A Sportif, Female, 26-28, Student

I've only ever been with one guy who was able to keep going after cumming and in all honesty, he wasn't as erect as when we first started...but I imagine there are some guys who can do this...:)

sometimes i can sometimes i cant s/o complains when i go to long says it hurts after a long time

- Response by painter, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

well I can only speak for myself and obviously I have a girlfriend who would verify it but I am able to stay ridged after cumming and whats more cum again in quick succession.
The person who says guys needs two hours between orgasiums is not correct. without a word of a lie I have cum four time in the space of two hours and maintained a solid erection for most of that time. The most I have ever managed in one night (8hours is 12 times) some people may say this is bull but I swear that is the truth and again my wife at that time is able to confirm that. I do not take drugs to enhance my performance but I do eat healthy and keep myself in good shape. It also helps to have a very high sex drive of course.

- Response by engledale, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, London, Artist / Musician / Writer

Yeah we can. Not sure about guys in general, but this is my experience. I used to last about the normal amount, cum, and pull out because it was too uncomfortable to continue.. Then I heard about some guys being able to keep going and, because I totally absolutely love it when chicks cum while I'm in there, I decided to see what would happen if I didn't pull out and tried to keep going. I mean, really power through it. At first, it was really really difficult and I had to continue semi-erect after I came the first time, but after a while, you know, it gets stimulated again, more erect, and it does the job. Much depends on how much I'm into it, though. Right now, I have a girlfriend I REALLY love and she turns me on like CRAZY, so I have no problems cumming up to 5 times and still staying hard. I would really recommend guys to at least try it and work at it because it really pays off to make her cum, hahah.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 22-25, Tampa