Is sex on an out of town trip okay for men only, or can we do it too?
Sex & Intimacy / 4:59 PM - Monday December 08, 2008

I am married and I travel a fair amount, a couple of trips a month or more. I feel like society says it is okay for a man to have a meetup while he is away from his wife. What if I want to? I don't want the answers about if I am asking I shouldn't be married.

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

wow. did YOU stir up some heat, eh?? and what i find really funny is that men really DO do this, all the time. alot of men cheat on their wives for a variety of reasons. the out of town hookup is usually just a quick, cheap, dirty itch scratcher and men will insist that it means nothing more than getting their shoes shined. but boy, when a woman ponders it, feathers get ruffled, don't they?? welcome to the new world guys. you no longer rule the roost or have all the options. doesn't feel so good to have those feelings, does it?

do i think it's ok? no, not really, not for my life at least. but in my previous marriage i hooked up with a buddy a few times, i'll admit. course, the marriage was by then sexless and ending. for most people, this is the big no-no. for others, it's don't ask don't tell. and i'm not even sure you're really asking about yourself, or if you're posing a hypothetical.......

- Response by A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Maybe you don't WANT those answers, but if you're gonna' POST this kind of stupid-assed question, then you have to be ready to GET those answers!!!

NO - - it's NOT okay for men OR women... don't be a whore.... either respect your marriage vows or get divorced....

- Response by bytor, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Artist / Musician / Writer

I don't think it's o.k. for anyone to cheat. Besides, when you're married, usually sex isn't about just sex. It's about intimacy and feeling connected with someone. A lot of people think that when you're married, that's it. You don't have to work on your relationship or try anymore. That's complete crap. People grow and change. The important thing is to grow and change together. Maybe you're looking for companionship. It can get lonely being away from the one you love, but I don't think that's an excuse to ruin something that you worked hard to build, no matter if you're a man or a woman.

- Response by brooklynguitargirl, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Why do you need "us" to support your decision to cheat on hubby? Just go do whatever you feel is appropriate for you. No need to justify it either by what SOME men choose to do when out of town.

**shrugs**

- Response by ocelotspot, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

Society DOESN'T say it's okay; societal misfits say it's okay...which it's not- for a man or a woman.

I'm a part of society, and I don't feel its right for married men or women to "meetup" while away on business. No gender bias for me.

Here's the thing.. You acting like an asshole just because some married men do it, is about the most pathetic thing I've heard today. It's not okay for any married person to cheat. You know that, I know that, everyone knows that. Why come on here and insult our intelligence? If you aspire to be a cheating, lying whore, go for it. Otherwise, honor your vows.

- Response by southjerseygirl, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Administrative

Yes, I think fair play is OK!
If it's good for the man, then it's good for the woman as well.
Coming to Miami any time soon? ;)

- Response by andrewj5267, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Miami, Teaching

Well, IMHO, if you're married, you shouldn't want to "meet up" with anyone else.

However, if you so felt the need, would anyone really be able to stop you? If you really wanted it, there's not a damn thing I, your husband, your friends, family, or anyone else would be able to say to prevent you from doing it. That's the reason the less-than-faithful ingorant ass-husbands do it. There's little in the way of any proof of it, and there's nothing to stop them outside of the prospect of getting caught, which is minimal, because there is no one local in the area who they might know, and they can make sure everything is good and clean afterwards. There's no receipts, because everything is handled by the company. There's no proof to physically carry except condoms, which can easily be hidden.

In reality, for a married person, sex on an out-of-town trip is NOT OKAY for anyone. But, the cold, hard fact is that it's very VERY easy.

- Response by doom2ruler, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Technical

Well, society does NOT say it's ok! Just ask my wife!!

- Response by stringjammer, A Career Man, Male, 56-65, Chicago, Self-Employed

Who gives a sh** what society thinks! That is what is wrong with the world today... society this, society that and oh yeah meet the Jones'!
The real question here is, is it wrong to cheat on your spouse? Yes.

- Response by msgg, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Managerial

Married, not married, don't know that I ever asked.

When I was traveling heavily, I hooked up with business women on the road a bit.

I thought that was why they put bars in those hotels.

- Response by leewiser, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, St.Louis

If you prefer not to feel guilty about this .. ask your hubby's permission beforehand.

I am also married and travel extensively ... AND don't cheat.

- Response by wetwired, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Who Cares?

Cheating on a spouse, whether you're a man doing it when you're away or a woman doing it when you're away, is wrong. If your man was going away once or twice a month, would you be okay with him doing this to you?

- Response by crazyinlove923, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

Uhhh, which society would that be? The society I hang with doesn't believe that at all.... Whether or not you can do it is up to you... but don't blame it on society.

- Response by bonairelibra, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

I dont think any one will agree that it is ok to cheat.

- Response by holt8081, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

Society doesn't say it is okay for a man to cheat on his wife. It is not okay for his wife to cheat on him either.

- Response by keldog4511, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Managerial

Even though it might be 'okay' for some married couples to do it, the end result is usually the marriage ending or problems becoming so insurmountable that the married couple cannot find their way out of all of them...it might be a good time to think about whether hooking up with someone is worth the possibility of losing your marriage...:)

FORGET WHAT SOCIETY SAYS DO WHAT YOU LIKE BUT BEING A WOMAN KEEP QUIET ABOUT IT SO THAT NO ONE JUDGES YOU

- Response by i124q, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Self-Employed

Just don't do it..cheating changes everything

You won't feel the same when you get home & why go out & cheapen something that's supposed to be so special between married people.

- Response by Vickey69, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Well lets see now, an out of town guy on business at a conference, has a fling with another business person. Do you suppose that it was okay for him and not for her?

- Response by gilpill, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Chicago, Internet / New Media

IT'S NOT ALRIGHT FOR MEN EITHER. GOOD LUCK

- Response by dooter, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65

I just love people that answer their own questions...

your husband must be so proud that he found someone as special as you...

- Response by rollinhigheh, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?