Pentecostal Beliefs
Race, Religion & Politics / 7:17 PM - Sunday December 07, 2008

Pentecostal Beliefs

Can you tell me what the general beliefs of Pentecostal Church attendees are? Do they consume alcohol? What are their views on dating and such? Are they what some might call "holy rollers"? I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I would like to know a bit more about how the average follower of this church might lead their lives.

Thanks for the information.

Pentacostals believe in speaking in tounges..the charasmatic movement. We go by the bible. Drinking alchohol is fine if you don't drink it to get drunk..and dating..no sex before marriage..but thats what a christian should do. wether it is babtist oe pentacostal.

- Response by gregslove77, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Pentecostal churches have a wide range of lifestyles. They were referred to as holy rollers because they were known for taking buses out and collecting the congregation. Most are not drinkers and they don't smoke. They have many "legalistic" ideas, meaning that they take rules from the bible quite literally. Some pentecostal women do not cut their hair because of this and they will also only skirts because the Bible tells women not to dress as men do. Most often they will not date someone who is not of the same belief because the Bible says not to be unequally yoked, meaning only marry someone who believes as you do. Some people are uncomfortable with their church services because they sometimes will speak in tounges, or fall out in the spirit, both of which are very dramatic. Hope this is helpful to you.

- Response by rosebudlea, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55

THis will help you find the needed info: www.google.com

- Response by donau20, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

I am a pentacostal..and what them two women said are lies. I wear pants/jeans..if ANYthing..we are more FREE about things. Not legalistic at all. Take it from te lips of an actual Pentacostal.

I hope from your responses you picked up on the basic hypocrasy of it all. You better off picking something more conservative for the time being like Methodist, Quaker or Unitarian and from that standpoint researching all the denominations of religion. Most will allow you to visit and explore what their services have to offer. Don't leave out groups like Buddhists, Hindu's, or even Wiccan Circles. You never really know what practices you might resonate with.

And just so we're clear...I was raised floating between a penecostal church, a methodist church, and my GM/GGM Native American spirituality.

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?