He confessed to cheating and then he said he lied about cheating.
Married Life / 12:51 AM - Sunday December 07, 2008

My husband confessed to cheating and i was so upset. We've been together for 15 years and 4 kids.I ask him a bunch of questions but he wouldn't answer me....The next day he told me he lied. I ask him why and he told me he was upset with me. He didn't tell me for what reason....The only thing i could come up with is his mom had past away almost 2 years ago and he hasn't been the same...I feel he's depressed. I've tried to be there for him. I don't know what to do..... I just want to know if he did cheat.

- Asked by help1, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

He told you out of guilt, he said he lied, to get away with it. Any more questions?

- Response by froggystyle, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Student

I don't know what to say. If he told you he had cheated just to hurt you, he must be in a terrible lot of pain. Why he would want to make you feel pain, too, I think only counseling could uncover his motive.

- Response by crackedpepper, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Dallas, Who Cares?

Well, he may have done for the same reason I did one time. I was accused of cheating, I wasn't, and no matter what I said she wouldn't believe me. So, I just said "OK I did, But it was just a fling and I won't do it again." That was the end of that. She found out later that I lied and I told her why. We laugh about it now.

- Response by trhjr1, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Retired

Get counseling. How can you be expected to go on like nothing happened after this? good luck!

- Response by anteus, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Teaching

Maybe in a way it's better for u if u didn't know that answer. I think if he did cheat, it would ruin ur relationship.. Just chalk it up & try helping him cope with his mom's passing. Some things are better left unsaid.

- Response by spitfire815, A Hippie Chick, Female, 66 or older, Who Cares?

Hi! First things first you have 4 kids, make sure that they aren't suffering because of this. Next do not question him even if its driving you nuts. Do what you have to do for yourself and them. If he's depressed all you can do is be there for him. I have gone through exactly the same thing, on I have 2 kids. If you love him then let him know but don't push. You as a woman know inside if he's cheating. If you want to stay with him then be strong for all of you. Pray it does help! I wish you the best of luck. It won't be easy, but if you love him he will see it and if he's depressed he will come out of it. If he cheated and its over forgive and forget. It happened you cant change that fact. I know some will think that you shouldn't forgive but we all make mistakes some big some small. Forgiveness is the greatest gift you can give.

- Response by bronxdiva, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, New York, Administrative