Guys: 3 best places to meet nice ladies? 3 worst places?
Dating / 2:00 PM - Thursday December 04, 2008

Ladies: Best (and worst) places to meet interesting men? Serious answers earn points.

- Asked by betterbird, A Creative, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Administrative

Bars, never ever at a bar. I've done that a few times thinking that maybe each time would be different since every man was different, but every experience with me meeting a man at a bar turned out to be the same ol' thing, they werent looking for anything more than a booty call.

- Response by phillychickie311, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Philadelphia, Administrative

3 best....grocery store....church.....the hardware store.....

3 worst....club....daycar e......retirement home....

- Response by lab01, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, St.Louis, Other Profession

The guy I just started dating I met at
Barnes and Noble, and the guy before at Petco( I didn't date him but he was adorable and wanted to date), he carried something out for me. At my age(43) the bar scene or singles parties are the worst and I don't engage in them.

- Response by mare65, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I don't believe in worst or best places at all. For instance, "nice" people go to bars too and you can easily pick them out. They would be the ones not provocatively dressed, falling down drunk off their skunk. A nice friend may be there for the soul perpose of posing as the infamous "wing man". I like to stay as active as possible and meet people who engage in activities similiar to mine. That makes it a win/win because that is half the battle sometimes. You can really meet "nice" people just about anywhere if you stay social.

- Response by ninewest, A Creative, Female, 46-55, New York, Managerial

I wouldn't consider 'best and/or worst' to be parts of the equation when it comes to meeting someone of 'substance' because you can meet some pretty 'nice' guys anywhere, if you are 'open' to the experience...I've met guys in hardware stores, in bars/clubs, in car dealerships, in church and even at weddings and in all honesty, I think that it really depends on what your 'intentions' are that determine what kind of person you will meet...for example, when/if I am looking for a 'fling' or a 'fun' time, I notice that I will meet guys who are looking for the same thing and it's like a 'vibe' that is given off by me that they are 'attracted' to...just as if I'm looking for something long-term or 'serious', I can find that too if I give off the 'right' vibes...believe me, it really depends on what intentions you have that determine what kind of person will 'enter' your life...:)

Worst Places: Bars...why get involved with a bar fly
Work... Why jeopardize your income
Rehab...lol
Best Places: Parties or friend's homes ...someone knows him
Hobby or Group Sports..same interests
Bookstores or Hardware stores..some hot men lol
Rosey

I think the best places to meet men are at church where you share a comomon belief. At a class or club where you share a common goal.

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Home Maker