What does it mean when a guy cuddles?
Sex & Intimacy / 1:11 PM - Monday November 17, 2008

What does it mean when a guy cuddles?

So just what does it mean when I guy like to cuddle? I've been hooking up with this guy and in all other aspects of our relationship he seems kind of distant so i haven't ever bothered asking him whether or not our fling was going anywhere.

But when we are alone together, watching a movie, on a walk, hiking, whatever, It seems like he just can't get enough of me. He will wrap his arms around me, or if we're on the couch we'll lay down side by side and he'll pull me as close as he can, with his arms holding me tightly and his legs over mine, his head resting on mine. After sex he loves to cuddle and hold me close all night. I'm not a huge fan and I will wiggle away but he will wake up and bring me close again.
I thought guys didn't like to cuddle. Is it possible that he is just one that does? Or is it possible that he's doing it cause he likes being close to me?

Hmmm, I would normally say it is because he really likes you.
But I recently discovered a 'cuddling group' that occasionally gets together for 'cuddling sessions', where no sex is involved, just cuddling.
It sounds very strange to me ... my g/f keeps pressing me to do it with her, but I am firmly saying no.
But it is remotely possible, that he just likes to cuddle.

- Response by andrewj5267, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Miami, Teaching

It's a form of affection, cuddling can be very intimate.

Guys differ with what they prefer...my bf before he met me said that cuddling just wasnt his deal..he didnt dig it at all...and when we got together a few years ago...we always cuddle..every relationship is different..but cuddling is universally meant as an act of affection..its ok to not like it..but he is doing it simply because he wants you close to him and thats his way of showing it. Try laying on the opposite side of him..yes im sure he will make his way to be right directly behind you but the contact wont be as extreme?

- Response by hdbikersangel, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28, Chicago, Medical / Dental

possesiveness,insecurit y.for most guys however cuddling and sex are way too different things.turn up the heat or add a couple blanket they will move away they mat just be cold

- Response by kjman, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Construction