He won't invite me to his place
Dating / 10:20 PM - Saturday November 15, 2008

He won't invite me to his place

I have been dating someone for almost three months. He lives about a half hour away from me. During the week he will usually come to my place because it's on his way home. But he wont invite me over, even on the weekends. He says being at my place is more convenient. He even said "I am not hiding anything". How should I handle this?

Update: November 15, 2008.
We usually talk or text everyday, even on the weekends. He is an honest guy, but a kind of closed off.

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

tell him no more sleep overs until you see his place.. you can tell alot about someone by the way he lives

Maybe its just a mess.can you call his house and go out on dates on the weekend.

- Response by bluebird300, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Farming

Do "you" think he's hiding anything? Strange that he would say that...

Can you call him at home? Or is his phone off pretty much after he leaves your place, and on the weekends?

If you can only see him, or talk to him at "his" convenience, I'd be a bit disturbed about what is "really" going on. :(

I would never let anyone come over. Such a freak, too many wierd things that no one would understand.

- Response by cubbiegalsguy, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

HAHAHA....It's probably poorly furnished...a mess...and decorated in early American dorm room...HAHAHA...complet e with "Heart" posters. But just in case.....check his mailbox for letters addressed to Mr. & Mrs.....

- Response by hu32700, A Rebel, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

Trust me. No invite to his territory means he's got things to hide, whether it's a deal breaker or an embarrassment.

Tell him you want to come over and if he rejects that idea, tell him you can no longer date him since his refusal is suspicious and you won't date someone who portraits himself as someone with something to hide. Actions speak louder than words. And he can tell you all day, every day he's got nothing to hide, yet tell him to prove it and he won't come through for you. I guarantee it.

i would hate to tell you this but i would be a little suspicious, my husband read your question and he too also agreed that i would be a little suspicious, but then again maybe he is not proud out where he lives and possibly wouldnt feel comfortable having you over, then there is the thing about you only being together for a short while and maybe he is a afraid that maybe he doesnt want a long relationship and by inviting you over he would think that it would be another step into a relationship he may secretly not be wanting....

- Response by tiffi07, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Indianapolis, Home Maker

Hi .. There is something definitely off. How old is he? I'm thinking either his place is a disaster area or maybe he lives with his parents? Do you think he is married?
What does he do for a living?
When he says, "I'm not hiding anything." What is your response?

Your situation would definitely be giving me a red flag. If it were me I would want an answer. And your place being more convenient is not an answer. Do you two hang out on the weekends at all? A half hour drive is not that far at all.

- Response by blacklabelbabe, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Administrative

Well, Ive been dating this guy and he took me to his Xmas party. We have been friends for 28 years. He is pretty honest but I am no dummy. He comes to my place but won't invite me to his place. His excuse was he didn't have his Xmas tree up. (What?) Come on now...he could have done better than that. He finally admitted tonight that he hasn't invited me over because there is another girl that he is trying to break it off with that may show up at his house. He claims their relationship was not serious. If the relationship was not serious why would she come over uninvited!Because he hasn't told the complete truth about the relationship. I do like him but not enough for the drama waiting to unfold! I think I'll just remain his friend and pass on the intimate relationship.

- Response by nottheone4u, A Life of the Party, Female, 46-55