I have a crush on someone who's taken
Dating / 5:44 PM - Monday November 03, 2008

I have a crush on someone who's taken

I have had a strong attraction to a guy now for about a year who has a serious girlfriend. I have been sooo good and fought my feelings for him because deep down inside I know that he is a taken man and I have to accept that, I feel like this whole experience has made me more emotionally mature, I think I deserve a medal!!

I do have days where I feel down about it though, any advice on how to deal with this feeling?

When you feel like that? Put yourself in his girlfriend's shoes.

Would you want to be cheated on?

Then don't help HIM cheat. And if he'll cheat on his girlfriend whom he is supposed to be in love with with YOU, then he's reall NOT that great of a guy is he?

I wish there were more people in this world like you...

- Response by rollinhigheh, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

You have a long way to becoming emotionally mature if you think you deserve a medal.

It's unhealthy to maintain an attraction to someone who is out of reach, especially for over a year. You should evaluate WHY you still feel that way. If you can figure THAT out, then you are on your way to becoming emotionally mature.

- Response by myndseye711, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35