Long-term FWB?
Sex & Intimacy / 3:29 AM - Tuesday October 21, 2008

long-term FWB?

I find it really odd when people speak of their long-term FWB situations.
A few questions to anyone in the know:
How can you keep up a sex-with-no-strings arrangement for that long? Doesn't it get boring?
Are you truly happy being together this long without BEING TOGETHER? Why no commitment?
I can't help but feeling that I'd rather be getting myself off than in it for the sex (and the drama, it seems) for that long.

Personally - I'm not in the position (nor do I have the desire or time for)a truly committed - one-on-one relationship! With that being said - although I can certainly service myself, there is much to be said for the connection (skin to skin) between a man and a woman! Some people drink to cut loose - other people go out and dance till they drop - others want a night of wild and crazy sex - with no strings attached - without having to worry about disease or damage to their reputation...so it works for some! Doesn't necessarily work for all though!

- Response by catdancing45, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Baltimore, Self-Employed

Well, since it was me that originally posted, I'll explain my situation.

1)The sex with this particular man is never boring (or I wouldn't be there).
2)No, not truly happy, as I love the man, but he does have a laundry list of limitations.
3)It's a safe alternative to having sex with a relative stranger. And half the time I think it's really more wanting to sleep next to him than with him. And dating/finding a suitable long-term partner is much harder at my age than yours. Dating in your late 30s sucks....slim pickings, unfortunately.

- Response by A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Boston, Administrative

never had one and just dont sound apealing..id just move on find someone i really wanna be with..

- Response by lynn65, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

still wished i had a FWB

- Response by strongbow, A Jock, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

If he often gets tipsy that would be my main reason for ending the relationship.But if you care about him bring it up he is completely sober remind him of everything he said and ask him where it wants the two of you toend up.

- Response by alll, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Retired

to each her own;)

- Response by yasaa2, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?