Email vs. Text Message
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 2:28 PM - Friday October 10, 2008

Email vs. Text Message

Some people say, since the advent of text messaging and instant messaging, emailing has decreased. Do you email? If you do, what do you use emailing for,i.e., keeping in touch with friends and family, school or work. Let me know your thoughts.

- Asked by darchie, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Chicago

Text messaging is used often in our family but I rely heavily on Email for business contacts. I like having the written backup for conversations with clients.

- Response by missingaz, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, Artist / Musician / Writer

I use email only to send files to classmates... Nothing else.

- Response by chkdsskt, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Administrative

Yes, I email. That how I keep up with friends and family. We also IM. To me, texting is an inefficient way to keep in touch with someone. In an email you can be as wordy as need be.

- Response by lacey07, A Life of the Party, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

I use e-mail for longer messages and because not everyone has text messaging priveleges.
I send funnies and inspirational posts to my besties and also use e-mail as a form of CYA in the event I need a record to varify a certain issue was discussed or addressed.

- Response by socialbutterfly247, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Administrative

I use e-mail alot.

I have never IMd or texted in my entire life and if I never do, it'll be just fine. I own a telephone. I'd rather pick it up, dial it, and TALK to someone than text or IM them. If I'm somewhere that I can't call someone (like at the movies or a business meeting) then I wouldn't text them either - it's distracting and showing bad manners to those around you. I'd rather just wait until I can call the person.

I email all day on the job. It is our number one source for communicating because our volunteers work from home. I recently moved and eliminated my home computer. I figured there was no point in paying for it. I can check my mail at work and wander around during my slow time. If I want to talk to a friend or family member, I use my cell phone. I call and talk person to person.

- Response by livestolaugh, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Managerial

Not only that but "they" say that since the advent of text and email that proper English Composition and Grammer is on the down hill circuling the drain.

- Response by pwrstrength, A Jock, Male, 29-35, Las Vegas, Fitness

Still use the email more than texting. Its easier and costs less!

- Response by lam0366, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Administrative