Ear wax ball
Diet & Health / 3:32 PM - Monday September 29, 2008

ear wax ball

Why does a small ball of wax fall out of my ear sometimes?

I q-tip them about 4 times a week do I need to increase the freequency?

- Asked by jacobmilo, A Player, Male, 22-25

I usually clean mine every time I get out of the shower.....never had a ballo of wax fall out!

- Response by lam0366, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Administrative

It is usually the same ear right? When we sleep on one side most often, that side drains well and the other one clogs more, that is the main reason!

Have a good one!

- Response by kanaka, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Executive

The wax is a natural buildup. Protects the inside of the ears. Drs. say, not to put the qtip inside the ear, just the outer part. You can puncture an eardrum if not super, duper careful.

- Response by cubbiegal, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Chicago, Administrative

Itss not good to use a Q-tip. And I might be wrong, but it isn't good to over clean the ears. That waxy stuff helps keep the bad stuff going into your ears.

- Response by mnstasie1976, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Minneapolis, Managerial

Dr Oz says a couple of drops of mineral oil in the ear will take care of buildup. After putting the oil into the ear with a dropper, let it set for a few seconds, then aim the ear down. The oil dissolves the wax and it will run out. Gross, but effective.

No one told me it was personal hygiene questions day.

- Response by drumboi2, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65

Wax builds up and sometimes gravity makes it fall out of your ears. You should continue the Q-tip use but not inside the ear because ear damage may result.

- Response by A Father Figure, Male, 29-35, Philadelphia, Hospitality