Should you ever call a guy after the first date?
Dating / 4:33 PM - Friday September 26, 2008

After a guy takes you out on a date; you kissed at the end and had a great time. Should you ever be the first to text or call him? Especially if he didn't ask for another date at the end?

Update: September 28, 2008.
I was freaking out about nothing. He invited me to dinner tomorrow night :) Thank you for all of your advice!

I'm assuming you'd like to see him again?
ok here's the deal. It's like Jail. YOU GET ONE CALL!
(or email or text) tell him you had a good time, thank him for whatever you guys did on the date, if he doesn't call or text or email back though, that's it, cut it off.

- Response by txfox76, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Houston, Teaching

If he took you out...a thank-you note is appropriate.

- Response by hu32700, A Rebel, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

Sure, why not. At least then you won't waste your time days or weeks worrying if he is still not interested in you.

I feel its okay to let him know again how much you enjoyed the date and sometimes this does 'wet' the guys ego because he might be feeling the same thing - not quite absolutely sure if you were acting sincere about enjoying the date.

- Response by jpm51, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Baltimore, Administrative

STAY PUT !! .. never call a guy after a date, his turn..he will wonder when he does not hear from you and you will look different (not desparete) and more interesting in his eyes. Curiosity will make him pick up the phone. Do not call please.. he din't ask for a date cause he is probably used to having be called by other girls.. Be different! if you like him.

- Response by marika62, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

That depends on if you get the feel that the guy is old-fashioned or not. If he's not old-fashioned then you can be the first to call or text if you'd like.

- Response by nottheusualmale, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Atlanta, Artist / Musician / Writer

When my SO leaves, while he is driving home, I call his answering machine and tell him thanks and how much I enjoyed it. He told me he listens to it after he goes to bed.

- Response by nowornever, A Thinker, Female, 66 or older, Financial / Banking

Nope.

You will only be let down.

Don't do it.

He is the guy... let him do the work for a while. Don't worry, there will be plenty of time to ride his ass when the two of you are planning your wedding. Now, is NOT the time.

- Response by runner, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Dallas, Executive

yes ans no it all depends. did you likr him? do you want to see him again? are you willing to put yourself out there ? if you are the answers yes but if you dont no most men are the same way and they hesitate to call for the same reason ask yourself and youll know what to do

- Response by sailorsaturn20015, A Career Woman, Female, 26-28, Houston, Technical

If you had a great time, it is best to talk on the phone. I am presuming that you like this guy and want to see him again. Wait at least three days and call him and tell him that you liked the date and you would like to go out with him again. If he appears to be hesitant, simply ask if he wants to see you again. He he say no, then move on. If he says yes then, of course, set another date and make it soon.

- Response by bilberry, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65