Gaining weight made my penis shrink?
Sex & Intimacy / 8:00 AM - Saturday September 20, 2008

gaining weight made my penis shrink?

So I measured my erect penis just really goofing off and it was only 5". I have in the past 7 years gained about 50 since the last time I reall remember measuring it, I've been married seven years and I asked my wife if my penis looked smaller then when she met and I couldn't get a straight answer. I thought I had a 6 inch penis in the past. So was I just lying to myself in my teens and early twenties and all my ex girlfriends know I had small willy, or have I shrunk since being with my wife. We're happy and I'm starting a diet anyway but it freaks me out to think all my exes could be laughing at me. So does weight gain make the penis shrink?

- Asked by nothinman, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Financial / Banking

So, does fatter really mean smaller? The powers of suggestion are probably enough in this case, but let's get the facts shall we?

The length of an average man's penis is about 3 inches when flaccid (yes, that's true), but the fatter he is the smaller he can look because the fat at the base of a man's abdomen covers up the foundation of the shaft, making him look smaller than he actually is. So, by decreasing the amount of fat on the body you enable more of your member to be viewed, which actively "lengthens" the penis. Losing up to 15 pounds of fat can increase the look of a penis by half an inch.

I'm sure you've all heard of the hung skinny man. Though there is always the case of a man truly having an unusually large penis there is always the body to penus ratio to consider. On a skinnier man you are seeing his entire shaft all the way to the base, but he also has another thing on his side. He's skinny, so his penis in comparison to his size is going to appear larger.

- Response by cindylouwho, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

No, but you get fat around it making it appear smaller.I saw this on a talk show yesterday.

- Response by bluebird300, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Farming

yea you got a layer of fat now over your dick on your pelvic area and having a gut will suck your Willie inside you man..

- Response by j3thro, A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35

Man , its like this , if you stick a foot long ruler in the ground 4 inches , you have 8 inches sticking up. Then you pile 3 inches of dirt at the bottom of the ruler , there is only going to be 5 inches left sticking out of the dirt. I hope this explains it . Good luck with your diet.

- Response by scdancinbear, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55

I do not know if it makes a penis shrink or not. I do know that weight gain can make it LOOK SMALLER. And, when using it, you have to give up a certain percentage of its length, to get TO where you are going; BEFORE you even begin to officially use it. So, it does have an affect on your sexual life, whichever way to look at it.

I am sure that your wife got over all of that a very long time ago. Love does that to people. As it should!

I feel and know your pain brother. I am in the same boat but I have a trick.............I shave my pubes and it gives me the illusion that I have a extra little bit at least.

- Response by A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Celebrity

the extra weight could be taking away from your size. i saw on a show one if u loose weight u can gain some lenght. so maybe u should try to loose a bit of weight and u will get your length back.