Is he thinking Marriage??
Sex & Intimacy / 1:32 AM - Sunday August 31, 2008

Is he thinking Marriage??

I've been with my boyfriend for a couple of months and really feel as though HE is THE one. I've dated many people in the past and haven't clicked with anyone like I do my current boyfriend.

I know he's in love with me too because he's said as much and shows me all the time.

Tonight we were out to dinner and I got a text from a friend joking we'd beat her down the aisle. He saw that and then started asking me if i'd take his name if we got married, if we should write our own vows...(he said his would be about 10 pages about me!)

He asked what kind of dress I'd want, we talked about who his best man would be...even what I'd come down the aisle to.

I was never one of these girls that dreamed of her wedding growing up. I've never even talked to anyone ever about this type of stuff.

For some reason, it felt right doing so tonight...but a couple of hours after that, we were back at my place and he didn't feel like fooling around at first.
While he wasn't 100 percent sure why (this was the first time he's had this problem) he thought part of it may have been due to our earlier conversation.

He seems fine now. After I told him I didnt want to pressure him at all and that if we get married, we get married and if we don't we don't.

He says he now wants to focus on the moment.

My man is 22. Probably a bit young to be thinking seriously about marriage...but my question:

Is the fact that he's bringing it up at all really suggesting he's seriously thinking about it?

Or should I not read into this at all?

This is such a new thing for both of us...so your advice is appreciated.

- Asked by luvvergirl, A Sweet Sarah, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Honestly while I think he was serious when you initially had your conversation I believe he might be a bit scared and rightfully so.

In my mind I can hear him thinking, WTF -- I can't believe I just said all those things to her. What if she thinks I'm going to run out and buy a ring tomorrow. I'm not ready for that.

So let him have some time to digest your conversation. Let it sink in a bit. Give him the time he needs to really discern his true feelings.

You are both young so don't be in a hurry and try not to be the one to bring it up again. If it's meant to be it will happen in it's own time. Try to relax and just enjoy every moment you have with each other. Don't expect anything more. It will all work out just fine. Good luck.

- Response by gracedbyu, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

I don't think he's too young to be thinking about marriage; I do think you are both too young to even consider it. You both have a lot of living to do, especially if you haven't finished college yet. You can stay together and get married down the road if things continue going well for you guys.

- Response by cakelady, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Denver, Food Service