Pill Identificaton??
Diet & Health / 6:50 PM - Friday August 15, 2008

Pill Identificaton??

Hello.

Here's the hubbub, bub. I was keeping my anti-anxiety medication in my purse, well, SOL, I had a faulty zipper on my purse. The med I'm on is 1 mg of Xanax. The ones I get are "football shaped" and blue. The bottle fell out somewhere and I lost them all! I have severe, severe panic and I'm starting college Monday so my friend asked her father if she could loan me about 25 since he gets a lot. (I know it's illegal, but y'know, I'm prescribed the same thing and if you have legit panic you feel like you're doomed when you have an attack).....well, she gave them to me and told me that she was sorry that they were the generic type. They are white, oblong, WATSON 658 (I think that's the number) but look just like Xanax, even scored like them. I get really weirded out if they aren't the type I take, so even though I'm a bit calm I'm still ancy out of curiosity (sp??). I cannot find what this is on the net and was wondering if someone takes white Xanaxs that are "generic". They do calm me down.... but I just need to know. Please respond. Thank you!

Update: August 16, 2008.
All of you that responded "BuSpar" were right. I, also, had been getting "BuSpar" every time I looked it up but having someone tell me that it was a generic Xanax, I guess where I have panic attacks so much I wanted to believe it, especially where I also have OCD and feel angry with myself for losing my medication. I'm still going to take this when I need it until I can get MY prescription refilled because it actually does take the edge off. I don't know her father, so I don't know if he just didn't want to give me anything and lied to his daughter or, which this is probably it, he didn't know himself and had gotten BuSpar prescribed and is EXTREMELY ignorant and thought it was "generic Xanax". Her family aren't the smartest light bulbs in the tanning bed. =/

- Asked by A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Hi,
I also take Xanax 1 mg, its generic (Alprazolm)& mine are blue & football shaped. U should ask ur pharmacist or log on to webmd.com & look under medication section..They show pics, so u could find out if thats what ur taking...

- Response by spitfire815, A Hippie Chick, Female, 66 or older, Who Cares?

I looked it up - if it's a white, oval pill with Watson 658, it is not Xanax. It's Buspirone, which is generic for BuSpar.

BuSpar and Xanax are both taken for anxiety. Xanax is a benzodiazipine, however, while BuSpar is not.

Just google "Watson 658", and follow the link to Watson's website for more info.

All you would need to do is contact your pharmacy and tell them that your prescription was lost..Most insurance companies wont pay..but wouldnt be worth it to know that you are taking the right drug??

- Response by springishere, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

... I also have PTSD... and I can relate to your situation..
I was on Ativan...for over 20 years...but, went cold turkey last year, and got off of that...
I looked in my Compendium of Drug Therapy for the drug Xanax it says... (alprazolam) beside the name Xanax.. try looking that up, perhaps the subsitute will be listed... My desk copy of this book is a year old, and since you do not have a name for the generic... research had to halt..also...
Anyway... can you ask your friend if she can get from her dad, the copy concerning medicine interaction that the original prescription came from?
Or, maybe you could contact the drug store, where this medication was purchased, and talk to the pharmacist, or someone else in the pharmacy... explain your situation.. and hopefully they can shine some light on this generic brand..

Wouldn't have been easier to call the doctor's office and explain how you lost them, now you need a new prescription?

- Response by watbuttondoipush, An Alternative Girl, Female, 36-45, Financial / Banking

you are crasy to take unknown drugs

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Self-Employed

I remember purple ones...

- Response by brandon35, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Charlotte, Teaching

Check with your pharmacist to be absolutely sure. Or check in one of those prescription books they sell in pharmacies so you can match the picture to what you have. You really should have explained the whole thing to your doctor. If it only happened once he might have been able to give you samples from his office.

i take .25 of xanax... and its called alprazolam for the generic name... i would imagine the generic name for xanax is the same name always and does not change b/c of the dosage...I'm thinking what that guy gave you is some other type of anxiety pill?

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Financial / Banking

(Who's "SOL"?)