Weird text message?!
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 12:39 AM - Wednesday August 13, 2008

Weird text message?!

I just got a text message from my own phone number saying "call your significant other." Obviously I can't trace it because it leads back to my own phone, and I didn't send it to myself...has this happened to anyone else? What is it?

Update: August 13, 2008.
Okay, since I've already gotten this a lot: NO ONE has had my phone. I've been working on my stupid truck all day with my celly in my cargo pants pocket, and it never left there. No one was around to bother me and even take it. And, when the message was sent, it had been sitting on my desk next to my computer for an hour or so while I watched a few episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Oh, and I did pick it up briefly to call my dad in Thailand. But other than that...it's just random! I know it's not like, massively a big deal, but kind of a curious little spook.

- Asked by torchy, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

that is weird.. my guess is he (or someone) had your phone for a few minutes that you didn't know about.

- Response by whatnow, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Phoenix

You can send text messages from websites... and you can enter in any number you want... so if you have an s/o I would suggest starting there... if not.. someone likes playing pranks on you.

- Response by jennmay84, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

It's never happened to me and I haven't heard of it happening for someone else so I can't help. Maybe you should call your phone provider in the morning and explain the situation to them should it be a matter they need to be aware of.

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

When it comes to phones, there are few mistakes. If the originator of the call is YOUR phone number, then that is where it came from. Someone had to have had YOUR phone in their hands when that text message was created.

That is spooky!

computers i keep getting odd texts from odd numbers

or yeah someone had yer phone

- Response by A Creative, Female, 29-35, Los Angeles, Artist / Musician / Writer

Well, just out of curiosity, did you call your S.O.? If not, you may need to. Sometimes things just happen. We can't explain it, it just does. I've checked my own voicemail from my own phone and somehow ended up "linked" to my boyfriend's, and found out that he had given another girl his #. How it happened I still don't know, but I'm sure as hell glad that it did :).

- Response by sad7231, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Charlotte, Medical / Dental

I've gotten the same text message myself, and it honestly freaked me out. I also got a text message similar to that that said, "Call Home". I still haven't figured out what the problem was. =/

- Response by mitsukodaiwa, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Artist / Musician / Writer

I've gotten the same text message more than once. The reason it says it's from your phone is because there is no return number attached to it (no return address). I even called my girlfriend thinking she sent it and she had no idea.

- Response by dhorne41, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35

Yesterday i got the same text massage at 7:46pm. It was from 502, the phone number is 1-020-000-00000090.
I don't know if its coincidence, but that day i was really mad at my gf and i wasn't planning on calling her. i decided to call her just to ask why she send me this text message. Obviously she didn't know anything about it. Then we ended up talking about our personal problems, and that night we got along.

- Response by A Career Man, Male, 26-28