Do you tell a guy you miss talking and seeing him?
Dating / 11:58 AM - Wednesday August 06, 2008

Been seeing this guy for 2 months now. He calls me almost everyday and I call him maybe 2-3 times per week, plus he sees me once a week.(he works during the week and I weekends) He told me he can only offer me friendship right now(as he is trying to get over a breakup from April) He said I have everything he wants in a woman, but he must get over her to move on. He is looking for a relationship and is truly a nice guy. He asked if we could still be friends and do things and talk and I want to. I am being patient as I really do like him. Is it too much to call him more and ask him over once in a while or should I let him do all of that? I just miss him and want him to know. I told him I care for him and he said he does care for me. So how far do I go with asking and talking to him. We are both 49 and been married and divorced. I have a good feeling about him and don't want to screw it up.

- Asked by derrian, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

If you don't want to screw it up, don't call him.

He told you that he isn't over his ex, and he needs time to do that. He already is calling you almost every day and seeing you once a week.

He's giving you what he is able to offer right now. If you push for more, you could push him away altogether. If what he's offering isn't enough for you, then you should walk away until he is ready to offer more. Just don't push him.

i think you should invite him over every once in a while. and good for you for respecting his feelings! have a great day!

- Response by imissit, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 66 or older, Who Cares?

Sounds like he know what he can tolerate so go for it. He'll tell you if he doesn't want to come over.

- Response by cubbiegal, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Chicago, Administrative

There is nothing wrong with that. but do not allow him to play on your emotions. I also suggest that you NOT have sex with him either, until he is sure of what he wants, sleeping with him will only confuse YOU.

- Response by misssparkle, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Atlanta, Administrative

Girl i have the same problem,i'm starting to develop feelings for this guy from church and he tells he loves me everyday, but he want us to be friends first get to no each other type of thing,i'm always thinking of him, but why cant he invite me to his place for dinner? i want to ask him out but i'm worried i my screw everything up.

- Response by capetown1, A Thinker, Female, 29-35