Guys why do you give hickeys? ...
Sex & Intimacy / 10:40 PM - Sunday August 03, 2008

Guys why do you give hickeys? I hooked up with a guy last night we had sex seven times. And he was s

Guys why do you give hickeys? I hooked up with a guy last night we had sex seven times. And he was sucking my neck i think it was like 4 seconds but it felt like it lasted for 2 minutes he wouldn't let go of my neck and now it hurts really bad.

He's marking his territory to let other guys know you have someone.

- Response by kellyho, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

I hate that...I get them super easy too :(

- Response by ac8604, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28, New York, Student

Don't like hickeys, it makes the person look cheap. I personally believe that some people like to mark their territory. It makes them feel SAFE!

- Response by Alma0609, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, New York, Self-Employed

Not anymore

- Response by lifestyle, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Houston

they happen in the heat of the moment, but i think they should be hidden if given. i bruise super easily so even lookin at me wrong is gonna leave a mark

- Response by busyb704, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Now you're his. At least until it goes away. If it hurts really bad, that means he did it too hard. He's an amateur.

- Response by ninjaspirit, A Career Man, Male, 29-35, Science / Engineering

Some guys just like to leave a mark, just like some women. Its all in what that person is into. Next time just ask him to be more aware because you didn't like it. If you don't communicate to he won't know what you like and don't.

- Response by gameboy123, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Chicago, Fitness

Not all guys give hickeys. For those who do, it is like a dog marking its territory. They also are pretty insecure in their relationships. They think that by giving you a hickey, other guys will leave you alone (i.e., he marked his territory) If he really respected you, he would have stopped if you asked him to stop.

- Response by blazerbob, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 66 or older, Retired

I dont mind getting hickeys as long as they are on the insides of my thighs...wink

- Response by ttlicious, A Life of the Party, Female, 46-55

I haven't done thay since I was 16. I see now how childish it is. I guess he has to show everyone that you were intimate with him. Don't let him do it anymore, to me it looks cheap.

- Response by trhjr1, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Retired

dont put me together with that guy never did like hickeys i got one once but have never given one not my thing

- Response by sixf33tunder, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35

i thought we all outgrew that shit at about 16

- Response by winterhaven, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Alternative Medicine

they are trying to mark their territory. you're lucky he didn't pee on you. after all , men are much like dogs.LOL!!!

- Response by srcomer, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Charlotte, Home Maker

Jeezus H. Bullshit...you had sex seven times??!! What's a little hickey after a night like that??!!

- Response by mrwondering11, A Creative, Male, Who Cares?, Portland, Managerial

I lived with a guy for a long time and he use to put the on my inner theigh. He siad on case anyone got that close they'd know he had been there first!!!!!! I didn't mind, nobody else ever got there.

the guy i was dating use to do it all the time i asked him why he said they were sexy but my friends agreed withthe majority that he was marking his territory. But Before we ended he stopped. So i am guessing that they were right he may be insecure because when it was at the ending of our situation he no longer did it.

- Response by A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?