Swallowing poisnous spider?
Sex & Intimacy / 3:04 AM - Monday July 28, 2008

Swallowing poisnous spider?

They say the average person swallows three spiders a year in their sleep...
If you swallowed a poisonous spider while sleeping would it hurt you or would it only poison you with a bite?

- Asked by mizzpriss, A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45

Poison has to enter your blood stream for it to spread throughout your body and reach it's target (fatal posions usually target the nervous system). The poison is quickly broken down by stomach acid.

- Response by anothergentleman, A Father Figure, Male, 26-28, Los Angeles, Technical

I'm anything but average... so, I have absolutely
no clue how many freakin' spiders I eat in a year.

Well if the average person does it then how bad can it be... Besides if you swallow it the "stuff" and acids in your body will kill it before it does any damage. I mean wouldn't it drown in your saliva?

- Response by georgiagirl404, A Creative, Female, 22-25

That's pretty gross. I got bit inside my eyelid by a spider while asleep ~ imagine that. Either I was sleeping with my eyes open or he had to crawl inside under my eyelid to do that. Creeps me out!

- Response by A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Consulting

Yes we eat spiders and roaches to, but are stomach will break them down before the poison can enter and we S*** it out quick.

- Response by lifestyle, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Houston

..but those spiders are microscopic in size. There is no telling how many odd microscopic creatures we swallow every day.

- Response by rhonda35, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?