Doesnt want a relationship?
Dating / 12:48 PM - Sunday July 20, 2008

Doesnt want a relationship?

When a guy says he doesnt want a relationship does he mean it? This guy I like and have been hanging out with, says he doesnt want one because he just got out of a three year relationship. Could it be that he doesnt want one with me, or anyone in general? Friends seem to think its because he's scared of getting hurt (his last 2(and only) girlfriends dumped him and he didnt see it coming). So we have been hanging out and the other night when we were both drunk we fooled around, but he "cant remember". So what does this mean, I mentioned friends with benifits but he wasnt interested. What is going on with him?

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 26-28, Teaching

I think that he does not want a serious relationship at this time in his life after what he has been through in his past relationship. I am sure in time when he is ready he will want a relationship.

HUGS*

- Response by ladywisteria, A Sweet Sarah, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

When men say they don't want a relationship, they DONT want a relationship. If u listen to what a man says, he will tell u what he wants. Men don't talk in doubletalk like women.

- Response by nicky711, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Hes just not ready to move on right now and doesnt want to get hurt, nothing about playing the field since he shut down your fwb suggestion.

- Response by skip821, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35

He probably said he can't remember because he doesn't want things to get awkward between you two. If he is someone from the heart, it will take time for him to want to be in another relationship. For that type of guy, he can't fool around without the risk of becoming emotionally attached and if he was just hurt, he will feel guilty for being with you that way until he is over his last relationship. The "friends with benifets" will never happen. It's either a serious relationship, or it's friends only.

If you are looking for someone to have a physical relationship with, but not be emotionally attached, I'm sorry but it's not going to happen with him. If you truly want to be with him, look inside yourself and figure out what you really want. He will give himself to you 1000%, heart, body, and soul. However, it will never be just for a good time, or friends with benifits (unless you consider a serious relationship as having a deep friendship).

One more thing. Through my own experience, he and I are very alike. He is a gentleman, even if he may not realize it now. If you don't realize it yet, he is the type of guy that later in life you would like to have and take home to meet your parents. He's a rare find in today's world and you may not find someone like him again. Being young, things like that may not matter or register yet and that's ok. I suggest to keep in touch with him if you don't want to pursue a serious relationship. One day you might and he will treat you the way you deserve to be treated and have wanted to be treated your whole life.

- Response by quanyinkid, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Managerial

Nothing wrong with him, he is being his own person, and not letting you buy him with sex. I give him a A in self control and ethics.

- Response by loseing, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

It means that he's not interested in a relationship. Believe it when a guy says that.

Whether he "gets" interested in one with someone else, who knows, but he's telling "you" he's not interested.

And many people, male or female, will not do a fwb.

I'm sorry, you may really like him, but he is just not interested. Happens to everyone. :(

u need to find a friend...another one.

- Response by hwyrider, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Retired

When a man tells you that he doesn't want a relationship, he DOES'NT want a relationship. It sounds to me as if he really wants to just be friends with you and doesn't want to jeopardize the friendship by fwb. You ask if he doesn't want a relationship with you or with anyone, I ask you, does it matter. You are included in that. He doesn't want a relationship, so why waste time on someone that doesn't want to be in a relationship and find someone who does.

- Response by iamboo2, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Therapist

Yes, if a guy says he doesn't want a relationship he means it. You better look for someone else.

- Response by fly404high, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Frankfurt, Other Profession

well, lol, if he didnt want a relationship before, i doubt that your opting for the friends with benefits caused him to respect you any more or hold you in any higher regard. if he's honeslty going to look for a serious relationship now, i doubt its going to be with the girl whos happy to just be FWB with guys that dont want her.

- Response by roll2tide, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Oklahoma City, Who Cares?