Do men like it when women call ...
Dating / 11:38 PM - Saturday July 05, 2008

do men like it when women call them,or would they rather do the calling?? i've heard that men like t

do men like it when women call them,or would they rather do the calling?? i've heard that men like to do the chasing....but i've also heard they like a woman who shows interest...

i think it depends on the person my guy hates talking and he doesnt have a preference of me calling him or him calling me as long as we get to talk to each other

- Response by mindgames, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Student

I don't want to "chase" a woman. If I'm interested in her, I'll call her, but I would also like to know that she'll call me. Personally, if a woman doesn't show interest, I'm going to assume she's not interested.

- Response by dbacksfan, A Player, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

SHow interest, but don't chase. If a man wants you, he will chase you. Like if he never calls you, don't waste your dime. You can call him back, and call him every now and then, but HE should be doing most of the calling. That is how you measure a man's interest. He has to show interest first, otherwise you come off as desperate. Not good. :/

- Response by msheartbeat, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, San Francisco, Self-Employed

When I'm with a man, I call if I so desire but it's always good I think when he initiates a call because men are so unpredicatable. It excites when he calls saying something like,"I was just thinking about us." It just seems we women think of our man all day long. Also if he's on a demanding job I wouldn't call too often so that when I did, he'd answer for he would know I'm not just calling unnecessarily. Men do like the chasing too, I have 6 brothers, so I listen to them.

- Response by marc01, A Thinker, Female, 66 or older, Artist / Musician / Writer

It depends on the stage of your dating. In the beginning, men prefer to do the calling/chasing. For men, it's a rush of thrills/chasing after what they want and most mature men want to be with a woman who is confident (not stuck up)and independent with her own life. A woman should NEVER wait around for a guy to call, keep yourself busy with other activities in the meantime. Don't cancel your plans with the girls or if your dating others, let him know and be honest and respectful about it. Later when it develops into a relationship, it's ok to call him (but never overdo anything), showing your interest towards him in the beginning is different than calling/texting/emailin g constantly. You can show your interest in many different ways without chasing after him (men do not like to be chased, it sort of feels like they are getting trapped when women chase). Hope this helps and good luck (let me know if you need further information).

- Response by jacieluv, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Executive

I think its a fine line between chasing a man and showing interest.

- Response by bluebird300, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Farming