Small hard lump on eye socket
Sex & Intimacy / 1:03 AM - Friday June 13, 2008

small hard lump on eye socket

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a very small hard lump on their inner eye socket bone?? The size of a pin head.. I have it on my right eye but not the other side.More so about an inch from their nose on the upper eye socket bone more inner.. Confusing??

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 36-45, Auckland, Other Profession

Is it hard, like bone? Or is it soft? Is it visible from the outside?

Sometimes cholesterol will deposit itself in the eye area, making pockets of yellow-looking ick under the skin.

At any rate, you should see a doctor; especially if it's something new to pop up.

- Response by bathory313, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Norfolk, Medical / Dental

Actually on the bone, itself? Or on the facial eye tissue? Because the tissue would sound like a small stye.

If it's on the bone.. I'd wonder if you had ever had an impact there, that may have caused a small chip or something? If not.. also keep in mind, that bone doesn't grow perfectly symmetrical on both sides of your body.

If it's not causing you any pain or irritation, I don't know if I'd worry about it. Especially if you've never checked before, and only recently noticed it. It may have been there for years.