Men always come back
Dating / 2:20 AM - Saturday June 07, 2008

Men always come back

I just read a book that says that after a break up men always (sometimes unfortunately) come back as long as the girl let him leave and is capable of moving on without him. Do you agree?

- Asked by divalicious, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

It's a man's nature to test familiar waters again and again...if it is allowed. Most do it just to see if they can and if they still have any emotional leverage over you...when you respond in kind they again become disinterested...it is an emotional game that they don't really know they are doing until you put a stop to it and actually move on...when you move on you become a challenge to them again and so they may start to pursue again...but it's really just to see if they can screw up what you currently have going still to reject you finally . don't play this game or let someone play it with you...people are exes for a reason..they also know they are doing it if they are attempting to come back for sex but not a relationship.

- Response by clip22, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Executive

I think that that statement only applies to insecure men.

- Response by afraid, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Houston, Self-Employed

I think so.

I haven't read that book but I did exactly like that when the man I had seen wanted to end our relationship and wanted to remain friends. I agreed (but my heart was broken and I didn't let him see it), and stay friends and tell him about all *my dates* with other men. He didn't seem very anticipate in that conversation :-=), and he is back, I don't know what will happens next but he volunteer go and volunteer coming back without me begging. He said I'm a strong woman.

Anyway, I believe when you love someone let it free, no begging, it is enough to bring him back to you. In fact, I have a lot to offer to the right man then why would I have to stuck in a relationship that doesn't seem smooth?

- Response by azianchemistry, A Player, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Who Cares?

hmm, i believe that is true. In my 20's this guy broke up with me but when he saw me a month later, laughing shopping with my friends. He was disappointed that I wasn't depressed. He wanted me back then. I told him it was to late. I was no longer interested.
Any guy that is not happy you are not crying over him, is not worth it.

- Response by chemengin, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Science / Engineering

men will always come back. but i think men that leave and come back do so because they know that they can.if a man knows or feels that he can't use a woman as a revolving door he doesn't bother.so ultimatly it's up to u,,if u don't want him back u have to stand your ground.

I think that people do what you allow them to do. I also think that you can't make someone stay, or come back to you, that doesn't want to. I also think that people who write books are just offering their thoughts and that they want to make money. They don't have all the answers.

- Response by iamboo2, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Therapist