Why would she talk to me if she has a boyfriend?
Dating / 10:08 PM - Tuesday June 03, 2008

This girl I work with has been giving me all of the signs that she likes me. She gives me flirty stares. I wink at her and she winks back. We joke around with each other. So I asked her when she gonna take me out and she says she doesn't know me well enough yet for that. So I ask for her number and she gives it to me. I call her and ask if she has a boyfriend and she says YES!!! I felt bad when I heard that. I asked then why would she give me her number and she says she has other guy friends. So now I feel stupid cuz I think she is implying we will just be friends. I don't like this. I hate when I get my hopes up with something like this. I don't know if she only wants to be friends, or if I may be able to get her to cheat on her bf, or maybe even get her to leave him for me, because this girl was giving me signs like she was interested. But I don't feel right trying to talk to her when she has a boyfriend. I'm not like that. I think i'm just gonna stop talking to her but it just sucks getting all happy thinking you got a girl who wants to hang out with you and finding out she has a boyfriend.

- Asked by A Career Man, Male, 22-25, Chicago, Fitness

Awww Im so sorry. I know how you feel. I have been in a situation like this. I was lead on by this guy. (he didn teven tell me if he was attached or not or he didnt even want mhy phone number or didnt give me his) we didnt even get to a date because he never told me when he would like to go on one. It just seemed like he walked all over me.
But yeah you gotta watch who you are flirting with because doesnt always mean "interested" or "im in to you" or shit like that.
the best thing is too move on. big deal . and you dnt want to be her friend either. so what? she missed her chance and didnt tell you about a bf before and screwed everything up for your hopes. you are entitled not to stay her friend.
and dont cheat on her bf with her. get somebody else and never cheat!

- Response by ellekassia26, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Home Maker

Dude, listen, "I have a boyfriend" is not a rejection, it is a DISCLAIMER!
It means, "If we end up having sex together, it's your fault, not mine, because I told you, I have a boyfriend."
She's playing you, and she wants you to play along. After all there's nothing sacred about having a boyfriend, chicks dump their jerky boyfriends all the time.
Next time, don't ask a girl if she has a boyfriend. They ALL have boyfriends. Instead, ask her if she's SINGLE.

hopefully she doesn't leave your number to be found , or you call at a time when her boyfriend is there, and she tries and make him jealous.. let her go.. imagine if you were her boyfriend, you would not appreciate her giving or taking others guys numbers.. that is so direspectful.. your better than that, and you sound like a decent guy, don't let her tyake advantage of you.. while your wasting your time on her , your miss right is walking right past you...

- Response by mburgos, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Who Cares?

Count your lucky stars.

This girl is nothing but trouble! She's sneaky. Be glad you found this out up front!

- Response by myndseye711, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Vladivostok, Celebrity

Because she is young and she doesn't know exactly what she wants...boyfriend or not it's called "playing the field".

- Response by eternityzx9, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Executive

Thank your lucky stars she has shown you how she rolls.
There are much nicer girls out there.
Keep the faith, luv.

- Response by chchia, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

yep.hope you learned you lesson young man! just because some broad winks at you and gives you her number dont mean she likes you one little bit!

- Response by drunkinjun, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Portland, Artist / Musician / Writer

Did she say she's "engaged to be married"? She may have ten "boyfriends" - boyfriend is not a term "set in stone." Dating more than one person at a time is not "cheating."

I think your youthful inexperience is kicking up on you, Hon - no pouting, not to fret. She either really likes you or she's a player. Either way, you should move forward and investigate the friendship. At your age, I doubt you're ready to settle down into a lifetime commitment, so what have you got to lose?

- Response by tolerant, A Sweet Sarah, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed