Are you too intimidating?
Dating / 12:01 PM - Monday May 05, 2008

Are you too intimidating?

I've heard that there are a lot of beautiful women who don't get approached near as often as we guys think. Guys are apparently intimidated by these beautiful women, even though the women say that they consider themselves approachable.

I have to ask, if you beautiful women think that you are approachable, but decent guys don't take the initiative, what do you think makes guys see you as intimidating?

- Asked by lawyerdude, A Career Man, Male, 29-35, Lawyer

OK I'm going to be blunt here, but I don't think that there are too many men that are really intimitated by beautiful women. I think it is because SOME beautiful aren't approachable. Hell I have been one of these women!!! Sometimes beautiful women are bitches because they don't want to be approached all night.

The ones that complain need to take a hard look at themselves because I think the lack of attention has more to do with the vibe they give out and less to do with men being intimidated by them. I've been the bitch so I'm speaking from experience.

It's not that these women are intimidating, it's the men who are intimidated. They never learned how to approach women, with confidence and without fear. They are the "Nice Guys" who can't get dates.

The one thing I noticed with my niece, who I've often been told is beautiful, is that she always felt that if/when she showed an interest in guys, she would often end up finding out the guy was already dating someone else or that he only wanted 'arm candy'...she rarely ever showed interest because she was afraid of being hurt again and again so she appeared to be 'unapproachable' mostly to save herself the hurt of being used...it could be that these women (and men) don't realize they are doing this and maybe if we were to dig deeper than their looks, we would find that they are 'human' just like the rest of us...:D

I think it's the same with really good looking men. People think they are out of thier "league" and wouldn't stand a chance.

I don't think I'm beautiful, but I'm about to get a sign that says

<---------------Availab le

- Response by suess, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55

I've been told a lot that guys think that I am out of their league. I'm not giving off that "approach me" signal because I think they are out of mine! lol
We really need to get rid of these leagues...

- Response by leebee, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

I think some guys are intimidated by my confidence. I honestly don't know. I see some guys, especially if they're with a woman, go out of their way to not look or smile at me. I've been told by a few guys that I was hard to approach, but not because of attitude but because they assumed I was attached.

who knows? I know I've been shy around really good looking men, but I'm just shy in general.

- Response by sweetnovember, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Executive

I don't think that its intimidation rather that we think these women are allready taken.

- Response by cmgr, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, New York, Other Profession

I think this senario works both ways..
If either man or woman thinks someone is unapproachable,just by what someone looks like is a shallow way of thinking.
Looks arent everything,unless they are approaching someone for something other than a conversaton and/or a relationship of some sort.

- Response by surfsup, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

Either the guy is intimidated by this girl who he himself deems as "out of his league" (automatically rejecting himself and his chances) or the girl comes off as unapproachable, like she expects to be placed on a pedastal.

- Response by king313, An Engaged Guy, Male, 29-35, Detroit, Who Cares?

Becasue your pretty they automatically assume that you are either taken or that you will be stuck up and high maintenance

- Response by misssparkle, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Atlanta, Administrative

Some guys just cant get the nerve up to speak!! So ladies take the hint and speak to them first!!! God has a plan for all of us!!! Good Luck and who cares who speaks first???

- Response by terror820, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed