Can I carry a glass bowl on an airplane ?
Family & Parenting / 1:10 PM - Wednesday April 23, 2008

I am going to Las Vegas to my brothers wedding on a plane. For a wedding gift I am giving him a antique bowl that was our grandmothers, the bowl is glass. Will I be allowed to take it as a carry on or will i have to check it with my luggage? And i cannot ship it it has to be there on that special day and its wrapped like the holy grail trust me ;) . Ps. I looked on the website for carry ons but they never mentioned glass ;)

- Asked by missmikayla, A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45, San Antonio, Who Cares?

you need to call them.. all the airlines seem to differ.. you should be able too but you need to call to be certain

What ever you do.... do NOT check it in!!!! I fly all the time and watch... they don't care what is in those suitcases, they literally THROW them in and out of the plane... even if it says 'fragile' all over it. My friends suit case said it and her things were all broken, they are not responible for it either. Wrap it up very good and pack it in a carry on bag with you.

- Response by ladygodivarides, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

you do need to call because I just read the last part of your post, they may even make you open it at the airport

Nope you cannot have it as a carry on. You better be careful with that things. They might also open it at the airport if they look in your stuff. It happens.

- Response by carma45, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Chicago, Other Profession

Yes, u are allowed a carry on. I think just 1 only...
Call the airline they could help u better....

- Response by spitfire815, A Hippie Chick, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?