Why won't he tell me how he feels?
Dating / 12:16 PM - Monday April 21, 2008

Why won't he tell me how he feels?

hiya
so i've been seeing this guy for about 6 months, and it's pretty serious as in he's looking to settle down and get married when we got talking, as am i, and at the time i mentioned that i also want to settle down quickly
anyway, we havn't had sex but we get quite physical, he kisses me passionately and holds me, he calls me everyday at least 3 times, but a few times where i've said "i miss you" and put x's at the end of txt messages he won't ever respond instead he'll say "aww thats sweet" and never responds to my verbal affections, he doesnt really say things like "you mean a lot to me" or anything meaningful like that which tells me exactly how he feels and when ive tried to talk to him about it he'll say "of course i like you, otherwise i wouldn't be here" i know hes not cheating or anything and i've met his family so i know hes serious about me but then he wont say anything romantic or sweet, im really confused and frustrated.

- Asked by maria82, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

And have you told him how you feel?????

Try telling him you love him.....it's easy to do..........

If you can't say it to him, and he can't say it to you, then you two are going to have a really rough time of it if you continue...........

- Response by selectivegirl, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Managerial

Well seeing as the two of you have been only dating for 6 mos I am not sure what it is you want him to say! What they he loves you? Well maybe he's not there yet, or maybe he doesn't feel comfortable expressing his emotions verbally.

The fact that he reponded the way he did means that he is in this relationship for the long haul, or at least he is willing to give this a go. The rest comes with time and really there shouldn't be no rush to get to the next step. It is better to let things progress naturally then to force them.

I think you need to stop being so insecure in this relationship and just enjoy dating each other instead of worrying about the future. It doesn't sound like he is going anywhere, so be patient!

I believe that's a guy thing. Consider yourself lucky he says the "aww thats sweet" thing. You know how he feels about you. He has to say it in guy language. Don't drive him up the wall trying to get him to talk girl language. He's a guy. Love him FOR WHO HE IS now. He's telling you just what you want to hear by " he kisses me passionately and holds me, he calls me everyday at least 3 times". Appreciate that he's a good man for that.

- Response by twocents45, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

He may actually have an issue with romanticism, you should show him. Tell him something sweet and tell him your turn tell me how sweet I am to you, tell me how I make your days better etc. Yes you will feel lame at first, but it will get an immediate result and if he was shy at first it will help get him out of that... Now if he says what are you crazy you aint pretty, then you will know you are wasting your time and can then leave him alone, so either way it goes immediate results.

- Response by misssparkle, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Atlanta, Administrative