Muscle Relaxers

No, nothing like you are looking for.... for a very good reason too. If good pain pills were that easy to get to, the whole nation would be addicted.

If I were you, I'd drink a whole bottle of wine... like 5 glasses. That'll loosen ya up!

- Response by runner, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Dallas, Executive

Hm, I don't think so. I tend to agree with some of the others...maybe a shot of brandy or tequila (that's a whole other post! LOL) might do you some good. The closest thing that I've gotten is Advil PM to at least help me sleep. It helps with the pain, too.

Combined with the dreaded BenGay or IcyHot (applied topically, of course) is good. And - stretching is good. Try 5 slow stretches and hold them for 10-15 seconds (I assume the pain is probably from your shouldertops up the neck and into the base of your skull. Wild guess).

No, unfortunately I don't think there's much out there in the way of muscle relaxers OTC here in the US. We'd ALL be hitting the pharmacy if that was the case.

- Response by squeaktoy, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Seattle, Who Cares?

try aleve. i luv it. not a muscle relaxer. those you really have to get from your doc

- Response by busyb704, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Ask the pharmacist. I got OTC muscle relaxers but cannot remember what it was called. But it really worked.

- Response by MaryAnne, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Regina, Managerial

Wine ;)

That's so cute, a bendy rock. Try taking a really hot bath or using a heating pad. You can also schedule a message. Feel better soon.

- Response by pearlkey1, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Artist / Musician / Writer

The best I've found (besides Aleve) is ThermaCare wraps. Stick 'em on your neck, and they melt the pain away.

- Response by buffalothighs88, A Hippie Chick, Female, 56-65, Other Profession

Excedrin Back and Body works wonders, but as far as muscle relaxers, etc. well they are Rx only!

I always go the cheap & legal route when I don't have the time or $$$for the doctors script!!!

A few glasses of wine & a heating pad will have you good as new!!!

TRUST ME!!!! ;)

- Response by fbomb101, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Boston, Managerial

Try a hot tub soak, or a sauna (at the gym). Begin to exercise your neck (slow rolling for side to side, etc) each night and in time you'll see a new flexibility.

- Response by sincerity, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Atlanta

You might try a Benedryl; an antihistime tab-- they knock me out and I sleep pretty soundly and get really relaxed

I highly recommend a good massage and use that new product ACTIVE ON That should do the trick

- Response by trekker2, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Consulting