BF should pay for the trip?
Dating / 11:01 AM - Wednesday February 27, 2008

BF should pay for the trip?

Hi, I am not sure how it goes..anyone please help me...

How does it work when comes to a vacation with your boyfriend (or girlfriend). Do you pay separately or should boy friend offer to pay some of them or part of them? If your boyfriend wants to pay separately in most of the vacations, will you be happy about it?

- Asked by dayaftertomorrow, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Internet / New Media

I think splitting the bill is the way to go. It's expensive. Now, if he invites you - you might want to say up front that you'd love to go but that it is not in your budget right now to find out what his/her intentions are. Hope this helps.

- Response by justamom, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Home Maker

It depends. I know the first vaction my s/o and I went on while we were still "dating" he paid for the airfare, hotel, etc. and just asked that I bring my own spending money in case I wanted to go shopping. He knew there was no way I could afford such a trip if I had to fit my part of the bill and seeing as he really wanted me to join him, he paid!

I think each couple is different and if you have concerns over whether or not you can afford to pay 1/2, or any part for the trip then you need to speak up and discuss this with your bf. Otherwise I think at the very least you would pay for any extras you may want while on vacation.

I'm old school, the guy generally should pay. Exceptions for me would be if he made less than me. Old looking to the new and younger generation..could you pool your money in an agreed manner and pay from one account for the trip?

- Response by foreal, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

It is something each couple decides for themselves. Most men do pay for their girlfriends unless they lack the funds. You can't base your happiness on others' opinions. This either works for you or doesn't. Rosey

Why the hell do you get sexist when it comes to paying for anything? You want equality right!? So pay for your own shit!

- Response by troubledsoul, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?

Forgot to add, I would not be happy if he wanted to keep it seperate...

Every vacation we went on he paid for ..the only thing I paid for was stuff I wanted along the way.everyone has there own way though so it is definatley something to have to discuss fully so noone ends up hurt or mad..

- Response by swemur1, A Creative, Female, 46-55

If you are going (traveling) together, but not married, he isnt obligated to pay for you.
Splitting everything in 1/2 when your a couple, seems to be the going thing today.
If you were married, that would be a different seniro.

- Response by surfsup, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

..I have the money so I pay for the vacation..

..I believe the man should alway's pay if he is better well off then the lady but if the lady is better well off then she should pay..

..It has to do with how close you both are and how honest both of you are with each other where you both can seat down and talk about thing's like who pay's for what..and where to go..

- Response by mauddeep, An Intellectual Guy, Male, Who Cares?, New York, Science / Engineering

Before I was married I went on some vacations with my girlfriend. I am pretty cheap. I know that, so did she. So we agreed to split things.

Neither of us had much money. We contibuted what we could.

On one long trip with a motorbike around Europe, I owned the bike, the tent, saddle bags, etc. But she contributed half of the expenses, and brought her own stuff.

I think talking about it before you go, and deciding who pays for what is a good plan. Then you can enjoy the vacation without worrying about who is paying and can you afford it.

Good luck

I am not sure of the responses you've r eceived, but... I beleive that if you aren't married, or sharing living expenses, everybody pays for themselves.

Now if you are booking a trip on-line, it is sometimes easier to just book the trip, and place it on one credit card. Whoever takes that initiative should get paid back by the other person.

While on the vacation, you all can sort things out. My GF and I tend to loosely track expenses, or trade-off paying for meals etc. so that it seems fair. If one person pays for the rental car, the other person may cover half after the trip has enede, or will cover meals etc. to cover their share.

Until you and your guy are an official team, everyone should pay their fair share. The only exception is if someone won the lottery, and then they should treat a bit! ;-) And by that, I mean TAKE ME!

- Response by wooglin, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Chicago, Administrative

Why in the world should my boyfriend pay for my vacation?????

I am self-sufficient to a fault.....

That said though, I was awoken one morning the week of my 30th birthday by the sound of packed suitcases being dropped heavily on the floor.....

"Get up" he said "The limo will arrive in 30 minutes...."

The lovely man had booked time off from work for me, packed my bags and surprised me with a cruise..........

Some men have so much class...........!!! IJS

- Response by selectivegirl, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Managerial