How Many Women Actually Do Kegel Exercises ???
Sex & Intimacy / 1:06 AM - Friday December 07, 2007

QUESTION FOR WOMEN ONLY (PLEASE)

Do you do Kegel Excercises and are you internally developed?

I am married to a woman who has never done a Kegel Excercise in her life and doesn't intend to. I love her, and sex is pretty good with her.

I have had probably 20 lovers in my life, and out of that, about four longer-term relationships. I have only had ONE woman in my life that had good internal vagina kegel muscle control.

BEFORE MY WIFE --- the woman I had before her ... it's been over 10 years ... had excellent control over her internal vagina muscles. Her grandmother (European-Italian lady) had taught her to do Kegel Excercises since she was only 10 years old (so the story went).

I was with that girl for 5 years. As a human-being, she had a temper that I just couldn't deal with. HOWEVER, SEX ???? OMG !!! Her vagina was a machine. Yes, I could be a man, do my thing and make her feel good, but I had to ask her to TURN OFF the muscles sometimes so I could keep going during sex. It felt way way too good. WHEN she sat on top, or on bottom, and I just put it in and let her do alll the work. She could ALWAYS make me finish. Words can't adequately describe.

When we broke up, I did not miss HER TANTRUMS and HOT-HEADED disposition one bit, BUT I was in DEEP (very deep) mourning over the loss of her vagina. Here's how I would describe it:

"laying on my back, enjoying this Cagle muscle masseuse, each pull, push feeling like nervous hands, raising moments of ecstasy to eventual climax, tension, relax"

No kidding. I was addicted to her sexually because nothing in the world felt better than being inside of her.

I HAVE GOTTA GOTTA KNOW. Was she just one in a million or are there lots of women out there like her? I'm not trying to hook up with anyone because I'm taken, but I WANT TO KNOW. WAS THAT ONE IN A MILLION? Had I won the great-sex lottery for about 5 years of my life that I spent with her as a lover? GOD I WISH MY WIFE WOULD LEARN HOW TO DO THAT !!!

- Asked by 88hotkeys, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Charlotte, Science / Engineering

A lot of women do them. I do them regularly...especially when I'm sitting here on A/O. It actually is good for women health-wise because as we get older...women that do them are less likely to have incontinence/bladder problems. ...and yes, it makes for much better lovemaking. I think you need to find information on it on the net for your wife and work with her into seeing that it will not only improve your intimate relationship but her health as well. Good luck.

- Response by msbrunette, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55

She was one-in-TEN-million.

unfortunately for many men, not too many women know to do it. this is something that should be done for the better of both men and women, better for the men, because, well duh, she feels tighter, better for the women because it makes the orgasm feel that much better, i know, it do them, it helps a ton, they say men should do these as well, it can help the men control their orgasms, to prolong them. no man wants to be with a woman who's loose. neither of the two can get the same feeling. have your wife practice these. if she doesnt know how, tell her, when she get the feeling like she has to pee, tell her to hold it, then let go, then hold it again, then let go, hold and let go. its easy, she could do these as she's driving around. personally, i enjoy doing them, it feels really good on my...... ok, too much info. best of luck to you both

- Response by proudlatina, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 36-45, Los Angeles, Administrative

I do my kegels on a semi-regular basis and think that they do have an impact, so yeah, your old g/f just 'exercised' her muscles more than a lot of women bother to do. Not only should your wife learn to do her kegels for you, but she'll have much stronger orgasms and when she gets older, it will help with that little tinkle factor that a lot of older ladies have to deal with!

- Response by suburbsprincess, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55

I'm sure your wife has done them- if she has ever stopped the flow of urine in the midst of going- that's a kegel. I've had 4 kids, and have always done them, always had perfect control and value my internal muscles. I don't want to have future problems with inability to control my bladder- and strengthening and control of that now will lessen ever needing 'depends' under garments in the future- as well as the benefits you describe.
I think most woman practice them frequently- daily, while watching TV, driving, waiting in line, on the computer... now... certainly going to the bathroom and during intimate moments.

- Response by momharleyxl, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

I can't generalize to all women. I'm a woman and I do them, but I've only started doing them regularly because I bought Smartballs (modern ben wah balls). Otherwise, I just simply forget to clench it up. I've not had kids. I'm got good control, but yeah, I want awesome control, so I'm doing the exercises regularly now.

A lot depends on a woman's sexual education and experience. Like your fiery lover, my mother was very open with me about sex. That means I'm responsible and I take responsibility for my pleasure. A lot of women, even post-feminism, don't do that. I'm not surprised to hear that a lot of women don't do their kegels. They ought to because it's not just beneficial for sex.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Teaching

I can't generalize to all women. I'm a woman and I do them, but I've only started doing them regularly because I bought Smartballs (modern ben wah balls). Otherwise, I just simply forget to clench it up. I've not had kids. I've got good control. But yeah, I want awesome control, so I'm doing the exercises regularly now. It's kind of exciting because I'm wondering how it might be different with the guy I've started dating now. It's significantly different then I'll keep doing them for life.

However, regarding knowledge of kegal muscles and why it's important to do the exercises, lot depends on a woman's sexual education and experience.

Like your fiery lover, my mother was very open with me about sex. That means I'm responsible and I take responsibility for my pleasure. A lot of women, even post-feminism, don't do that. I'm not surprised to hear that a lot of women don't do their kegels. They ought to because it's not just beneficial for sex. However, it really is about knowledge and being comfortable with exploring.

I can't generalize to all women. I'm a woman and I do them, but I've only started doing them regularly because I bought Smartballs (modern ben wah balls). Otherwise, I just simply forget to clench it up.

I've not had kids. I've got good control. But yeah, I want awesome control, so I'm doing the exercises regularly now. It's kind of exciting because I'm wondering how it might be different with the guy I've started dating now. If it's significantly different, as in mind-blowingly great, then I'll keep doing them for life.

However, regarding knowledge of kegel muscles and why it's important to do the exercises, lot depends on a woman's sexual education and experience.

Like your fiery lover, my mother was very open with me about sex. That means I'm responsible and I take responsibility for my pleasure. A lot of women, even post sexual revolution, don't do that. I'm not surprised to hear that a lot of women don't do their kegels. They ought to because it's not just beneficial for sex. However, it really is about knowledge and being comfortable with exploring and a lot of people, not just women, aren't.