Sick of TV Commercials?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 7:01 PM - Monday December 03, 2007

Sick of TV Commercials?

Anyone else just sick to death of some of those tv commercila? The worst has got to be Chik Fila with those stupid cows and Geico with that stupid Scottish gecco. Can't they do better please!

- Asked by dubw2004, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Atlanta, Artist / Musician / Writer

This is the second time in my life that I have turned my back on television almost uniquely due to those insane, juvenile, mind numbing product exposures, repeatedly and chronically plasted across the living room every five minutes or so. One following the other like a circulating tag team match in mind BLENDING confusion of rapid blinks and takes.

About six months ago, I pulled the wires from behind the sets in my office and in the living room and put them up high in the garage rafters. My spouse likes some noise when she goes to bed so hers is still attached and in place.

I don't think that I will go back to watching again in this lifetime.

What would interest me greatly would be full programming followed by the names of the sponsors rolling up the screen as in the credits for a movie. Other than that, I am done with it.

rekkonball

man you aint gonna belive this but i saw one yesterday that dident have Payton Manning in it....... for real im not kidden!!!!!!

- Response by tytbo, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Indianapolis, Who Cares?

Chik-Fil-A does commercials, now????

- Response by bytor, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Artist / Musician / Writer

I love the commercial with Peyton Manning telling people to wear bigger shirts if they are out of shape...I think its funny. I like the Bud Light one too where the guy is picking up the hitchikers, but that is old. I just flip the channel when a commercial comes on usually. I do hate that Chicfila one too.

NO, those are the ones i can tolerate!
i really like the vonage one too.. "whoo hooo whooo whoo hoo"!
LOL.

but the whole point is advertising, i learn about alot of new things from commercials. when the really loud or irritating ones come on, i just mute the T.V.

- Response by mrshopkins, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Self-Employed

Yes- I wonder what happened to the creativity of the Ad Campaigns and the multi-thousands of dollars spent researching, testing then running these advertising campaigns. Some used to have a bit more spice and creativity to them, a bit of wit, humor, sarcasm, prose, something.... Now - like that Oxy Cleaner/Zoom guy they just choose to scream in our face.
Disturbing.

- Response by momharleyxl, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

Honrstly, I fele that commercials have recently just got better and are funnier than before. How can you not like the geico commerial. That's one of the funniest ones and especially the caveman lol.

- Response by mrsexquizit, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, New York, Artist / Musician / Writer

How about we just BBQ the cow and the lizard

- Response by strongbow, A Jock, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?