Stepdad + stepdaughter = love?
Dating / 12:15 PM - Thursday November 22, 2007

stepdad + stepdaughter = love?

Is it wrong for a step-dad to date his step-daughter?

My supervisor at work, is having an affair with his wife's daughter who he has raised for 20 years. I think its terribly wrong, just wondered what others thought

Update: November 22, 2007.
well, here's the worst part... his "wife" is dying of brain cancer, and the rumor is they put sleeping pills (crushed up) in her food. And his step-daughter (who works with the company) is NOT good looking

- Asked by dkmfan4life, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Boston, Construction

that is disgusting, mainly because he raised her for 20 years!!!! It would be one horrible thing if he met and married her mom and she was already grown up and out of the house, and then he met her and fell for her,..but raising her, being that close and an actual father figure, that just amplifies an already horrible thing. I think this girl he is having the affair with probably needs some mental help,...i mean how long exactly was he working on this affair. Even if shes technically legal,..thats just wrong! GROSS!

- Response by freakout, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Student

You need to mind your own business.
That is your supervisor's decision in his personal life.
This scenario is not part of work.

You just keep a straight face about this, and you don't allow any extra time around your supervisor. You're there only to do the job. Otherwise you should stay away from your supervisor because I just have a bad feeling about this.

Basically, you should find a girl for yourself to start having your own affairs in your life.

- Response by sleeksasy06, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

that is just sick..

Is incest ever right?

- Response by joat, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 66 or older, Retired

I just threw up in my mouth a little. Ick.

- Response by lavender, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, San Francisco

If he raised her she might as well be blood. I asked my husband who has raised my daughter(not his) about your question and he looked at me like I was off my rocker. I feel the same. It's gross.

- Response by motherof3plus5, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Oklahoma City, Who Cares?

Of course its wrong. he is an A--hole. Where is the sentiment? where is the love he felt for his wife? How disrespectful, he must have had feelings since he had been raising her.

- Response by j167, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, New York, Financial / Banking

if this is true, they both are going to hell!! no its not right to date your step anything..

- Response by something, A Jock, Male, 29-35, Atlanta, Other Profession

This is a classic Lifetime movie. Really sad!! But the way the story goes is what comes around goes around...

- Response by lostgyrl, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Administrative

That's pretty awful and I can't decide who's worse.. him or the stepdaughter! For them to be having an affair is horrible.. for them to do it as she lays dying in the bed is even worse!

As for the sleeping pills, she's probably on a lot of medication right now anyway so they probably couldn't tell by a blood test, but I hope they get caught. Good looking? No, maybe not... but when someone stands to inherit money or life insurance proceeds, they become pretty beautiful to some people!

- Response by lifeisbutadream, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, New York, Medical / Dental

It isn't wrong because his father is probably his uncle too.

- Response by michellekia, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, St.Louis, Other Profession

Thats SO wrong on SO many levels and SO sad!
poor moM! :(

- Response by loveisintheair, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28, Other Profession

For me it's terribly wrong and also terribly nasty. That man is SICK. If you had tell me that she knew the girl for 1 year or less, still wrong but more acceptable, that is out of this world.

- Response by luckychick, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28, Student

This question broke my heart. It's wrong for a step dad to date his step daughter. But you knew this, and this is not the worst of problem. I hope that the pleasure that they seek makes up for the ugliness of their souls. Then again, they both could be trying to sooth their pain of losing their loved one by falling into each other's arms. If you know of any other family member that you could notify to watch out for this woman dying of cancer, tell them now. Better yet, contact the adult protective services in your area. Tell them of your suspicions. Just do something.

- Response by rhunt0210, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

Thats not a healthy relationship. The walls of father-figure and sex partner have been erased completely. That is no way to be acting in any way. And its sad that the wife is dying and this is what they are doing behind the womans back. Quite bad. I agree with you completely its wrong and they should be ashamed of themselves for acting in such non-nonchalant manner.

- Response by isildore, A Guy Critical, Male, 26-28, Administrative

wow when I read this my mouth was wide open I shoud'nt be surprised b this ut I am

- Response by sexucure, A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25, Philadelphia