Naked friends
Sex & Intimacy / 10:13 AM - Wednesday November 14, 2007

Naked friends

How many friends of the same sex do you have you would feel completely comfortable being naked in front of for extended periods of time?

How many opposite sex friends do you have?

For me I would feel fine in front of only two of my really close female friends, the rest I would be uneasy about if it was longer than just changing clothes at the pool or the gym.

As for men, I am only comfy in front of my hubby. After that I'd probably deal better being naked in front of complete strangers than in front of men I know.

Like it would be easier to go topless in Europe where no one knows me than at a party at a friends place.

- Asked by steelerbabe, A Sportif, Female, 36-45, Toronto, Who Cares?

I would feel comfortable in front of any of my female friends. I love my body. I am however, not one of those people who grew up changing in front of everyone. And it had nothing to do with self-esteem, it was just how I was raised.
And as for changing in front of another male besides my man....that would never happen because it is totally innapropriate.

- Response by shoegal101, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

Actually, as much as I do not really do this, I'd have no trouble going nude in front of anyone. I have no hangups and am not embarassed at all about nudity.

In fact I am a little amused when people are uncomfortable about being naked. Seems natural to me.

- Response by falconf1, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Ottawa, Who Cares?

I have 2 girlfriends and 2 male friends other than the hubby that I am comfy with going skinny sipping with (or chunky dunking in my case, LOL)

- Response by wifemomlover, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Construction

Nobody I know would want to sit around nekked.

- Response by suess, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55

You ca go topless in front of me anytime you wish!LOL

- Response by A Creative, Female, 56-65, Los Angeles, Managerial

None. I have no close friends male or female that I'd feel comfortable to be naked in front of. I can barely do it in front of my husband. I have self esteem issues.

- Response by rexy67, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I'm not comfortable getting naked in front of any friends or strangers. Both would be really uncomfortable.

I don't really have any hang ups about being naked infront of people.
my wife and I host Juccuzzi partyies once in a while.
One of my wifes rules is its nude only in the jucuzzi so we spend alot of time with some of our friends nude..

- Response by proteus, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Pittsburgh, Who Cares?

I wouldn't feel comfortable being naked around any of my guy friends.

I have been naked in front of a woman friend on more than one occasion (my wife's best friend) and it wasn't sexual at all. Didn't really feel uncomfortable either.

- Response by 1990reds, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Seattle, Technical

Not one. nope.
In a relationship, I'm comfortable leaving the lights on, but around friends, I keep 'em covered.
I agree, if I HAD to do it, I'd rather it be in front of people who don't know me and will never see me again.

- Response by leebee, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

about 6 or 7 women, i really don't mind being nude, i walk around all the time in the locker room and at the spa in front of other women....

- Response by coco, A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45, Charlotte, Technical

I have very few same sex friends, and none I would get naked around. I'm pretty irresistable, and I wouldn't want to put them in that position..hahahahahahah ahaha

I have mostly opposite sex friends. There is only one who I would get naked in front of because I already have. And that's only if I didn't have a s/o of course.
:-)

I'd prefer my clothes on, maybe that is a prudish thing but I happen to like wearing clothes and not walking around naked except in front of my spouse.

- Response by irisrosesc, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Administrative

i have one male friend[same sex you asked] that we could joke or basically do anything at a campsite naked. however i wouldn't want any guy around me in a sleeping situation where we are both naked.

as for women, being naked around them as in more than one would only be an issue if i were sleeping.

- Response by 57alex, A Career Man, Male, 56-65, Providence, Transportation

zero

- Response by scooper, A Sportif, Female, 46-55, Dallas, Who Cares?

One or two who are my life long friends.
I stayed topless when I was in Germany but it felt sooo awkward having all those studs around me while am naked lol and the final straw was when some of them who seemed to be indian or turkish sat behind us and played their music, I got worried and ashamed then got my top on again!!
Plus, it was during the crazy heat that has spread around Europe that time, '03 so it was like 50 degrees Celsius in the sun!!

- Response by coccinelle, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Fashion

Few people would feel comfortable being naked in front of same sex people for extended lengths of time--locker rooms being a place of naked necessity and even then not for any longer than necessary. Aside from a situation of solitude, it just is not part of our culture to be naked for long periods, except of course in front of our paramour of the moment. As far as extended nakedness in a mixed gender situation, well.... the only scenario that I can envision is an avant-garde party of hedonistic intent. I would have no problem with that at all, but I am sure that few people share my views on that

- Response by gilpill, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Chicago, Internet / New Media