My cup is not running over
Dating / 8:37 AM - Thursday October 25, 2007

my cup is not running over

My sister contacted me in floods of tears this morning. She's been chatting to this guy for about 6 weeks online, text and phone. He's not too far away, about 35 miles, and the next stage was they were going to meet for the first time this weekend. They'd recently exchanged some pics and he asked sis about her bust size. She's quite petite and a 34A. He now comes out with the fact that he's a big tit freak and couldn,t consider a relationship with a woman who has anything less than a C cup. She's even asking if she should have a boob job to stand a better chance. I told her if he's that shallow he's not worth bothering with. Did i do right or are all blokes big tit mad?

Update: October 26, 2007.
Wow! nearly 30 responses to this question,i,m impressed and very grateful for all your support .I,ve told sis and she has bucked up a treat to know so many of you guys support her in this.She sends her thanks and her love to you all

You sure did do the right thing. Sounds like he was taking her for a ride. He's probably married and backed off once he realized that she was willing to meet him. Try to get your sister involved with other people and other things to keep her mind off this fool. The trouble with internet dating is that you really never know the person until you meet. People lie on line and deceive others. She can't take internet connections too seriously or she will continue to get hurt. I'm sorry she had a bad experience and hope she finds love real soon.

She is in her 40's or 50's and crying in floods of tears about losing a man she hasn't actually met before? News flash: Small breasts pales in comparison to her severe emotional problems.

- Response by bailarenfuego, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Technical

You are completely right. That guy sounds seriously shallow to let something like that ruin a potential relationship. I think your sister may just be really discouraged at the moment, especially if she doesn't get many opportunities for guys. Just stay supportive of her and assure her that she'll find someone. Women are hard enough on their own self-image, we don't need jerks like that to help us.

- Response by smalltown29, A Sportif, Female, 29-35, Minneapolis, Financial / Banking

Don't you think that was a big reaction from her considering she's never even met the man? He sounds shallow and pathetic, and personally I think men obsessed with big chests are still into their mommies. What if she was into large ____ on men? But guaranteed, she most likely wouldn't have asked him that. It would have been really rude and inappropriate. So was his remark.

He is no loss to her. She wants someone who will care about her for her. There are men who are attracted simply to the woman, attracted to smaller chests, and more into legs, or butts, or smiles or eyes, or whatever.

He isn't worth her tears. Tell her to move on to a man with real qualities, value.

- Response by lasuz, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Administrative

You did right.

- Response by keldog4511, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Managerial

You did good. Your sis is lucky to have you. I just exchanged pics with an online guy and he's gone totally MIA on me. Not even the decency to say thanks, but no thanks and he was halfway across the country so it's not like there was any pressure to be meeting any time soon. Sigh...

- Response by suburbsprincess, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55

You absolutely did the right thing. I wouldn't date that guy if he was the last man on earth.

- Response by mitzi1957, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

You did right she should not change her bust size either way for anyone she is a unique individual..and yes if he is that shallow about someone's assets then he is not the Guy for her.
Obviously while they were talking and getting to know each other he was not listening..because if he was looks would not matter..anyway she is a Woman that deserves more then "What's your Bust Size" but unfortunately more ofter it is a typical question..I appreciate it more when then comment on my Legs.

- Response by cjs1991, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Teaching

Pass this on to your Sister..Although the tears are flowing at this time and you are feeling bad..You are Wonderful as you are.
Enjoy Life to the fullest and when you least expect it Happiness of a True Love will Come to You.
Best Wishes to You Always!

And to you brother You did the right thing..
I have three brothers and I know they would do it for me.

Have a Great Day!

It's sad that some guys are like that but I would at least give him credit for being honest up front before it went any further. I do think what you told her was right though. Not all guys like larger chests and the right guy will come along for her. She shouldn't have to change anything about herself to get someone to like her.

- Response by dreamymom, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Administrative

you did 100% the right thing. If she had what he wanted, he probably would have told her anything to sleep iwth her and then dumped her. she is better off without him.

- Response by atenderheart42, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

your were right, there's better out there for her..

- Response by something, A Jock, Male, 29-35, Atlanta, Other Profession

You did the right thing. You are also the sweetest brother ever.
Will you marry me?

- Response by chicagorockcity, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28, Chicago, Self-Employed

At least you know up front he's an asswipe. There's nothing wrong or undesirable about small breasted women. I'm sorry to hear she would even consider risking her health for this guy. He's a major loser, and your sister deserves much better.

- Response by dragonblade, A Rebel, Male, Who Cares?, Artist / Musician / Writer

I would lose that creep. If all he is interested in is her bust size then he is not worth it. You did the right thing...

- Response by heartsonfire, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer

Sounds like a BS question to me but I will answer anyway. The guy is a looser plain and simple. Your sister sure got wrapped up in the guy to be crying to you and they never met. My sisters and I are close but they are also strong enough women to not even give such a jerk a response. I dont know my sisters bust size but no female I know would consider a boob job just to DATE some guy.

- Response by tnix123, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, New York, Managerial

Agreed, most men notice a woman's bust size. But if her size
is that much of an influence, you are right. He's not worth it!

- Response by 57fanatic, A Creative, Male, 66 or older, Retired

there arent enough jerk awards for bailarenfuego

- Response by lindasweetiepie1, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, New York, Medical / Dental

Man, it reminds me of the time when I was chatting with this woman online. After a while, she asked my height(5'9"); I told her. She let me know that she was into "tall guys" and she backed out of meeting me. I definitely wasn't crying, but it hurt, nonetheless.

Your sister's case? I'd assure her that she doesn't need a breast augmentation, and that she's better off without a guy like that. Even if he is into that body type, you definitely shouldn't have told her that. How tacky.

- Response by oreovictim, A Creative, Male, 36-45, Seoul, Teaching

I think you gave her great advice. If he can't love her just how she is then she shouldn't mess with the jerk.

- Response by tristalou1, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Home Maker

The problem is that your sister met this freak online. The man is probably a perv and is not interested in a serious relationship with a woman. I think that maybe your sister should try a dating service where there may be some decent candidates that may be dating material.

- Response by michellekia, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, St.Louis, Other Profession

You were right. He would be upset if a woman didn't want him because his d--k wasn't the right size.

- Response by peanut1, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Administrative

You gave her good advice brother! He is shallow and she is lucky she found out now.

If my husband was a tit man, he'd be gone because I was an A cup!!

Tell sis that we all feel the same and she surely dodged the bullet on this one!!

- Response by tenaj, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Philadelphia, Teaching

You were absolutely right. Your sister deserves a man who cares about more than her bust size. 'Nuff said!

- Response by bookman, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Seattle, Hospitality

Sounds like this guy was already in bed with sis and just putting another notch in his belt. I sometimes think I' a boob man but personality also plays a big part of it. Old Chinese proverb " more than a mouthful is wasted"

- Response by flyinghawaiian56, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Transportation

You did the right thing. Any man who wants a women for her breast size is a jerk. It is not the size of a women that should count but the person herself. She needs to look elsewhere and maybe not by computer. There are many community events that happen and you can always meet someone there who has similar interests. Tell your sister to give up the machine and try something else. There is no reason for her to have a boob job. Someone out there will love her for who she is not her chest size!

- Response by hazeleyes05, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Home Maker