Divorce rate after 30
Married Life / 12:30 AM - Thursday October 04, 2007

Divorce rate after 30

Is the divorce rate high for educated people who marry after they are 30 years old? I know the divorce rate is over 50% but does it go down for people that are educated and are past the age of 30? How much down does it go?

- Asked by chrissy7, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

I'm not sure about the educated part but I would certainly assume people over 30 are less likely to divorce. By that age they have already been married and know the pitfalls or have had a good long time to think about it.

By the way, what does "educated" mean?

- Response by righter439, A Creative, Male, 46-55, San Antonio, Artist / Musician / Writer

Yes it does. My friend (divorce lawyer) said it is the same for 22-29 year olds. They are married a shorter amount of time than the couples who are 30 and over.

- Response by chemengin, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Science / Engineering

I really don't know the statistics, but I am imagining that they would be lower or at least I am hoping that they are.

- Response by denbich, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Kansas City, Student