Asshole husband
Married Life / 1:30 PM - Monday October 01, 2007

Asshole husband

Lately my husband has been being a real ass. We spent a day together the over the weekend and it seemed like all he did was pick me apart. Everything that I do that bugs him he told me about which made me feel like he thinks I'm really stupid. Then he went on to tell me what he didn't like about the way I look. I'm no super model by any means but I'm not a dog either. I asked him what his problem was since I don't do things like that to him and he said"I'm just being honest" Now I'm like WTF! Does he even like me anymore? I gave him the cold shoulder all last night and went to bed early. This month is our 9 years anniversary and he has never treaded me like this before. Is this how guys act after a while? Like a 9 year ich or something?

Update: October 05, 2007.
Thank you to all of you. It was helpfull to read all your comments. I did talk to my hubby and we are all good. He was having a bad day and agreed that he took it out on me. Thanks again.

- Asked by spiceylibra, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Kansas City, Administrative

He must feel guilty for soemthing?

Honestly, this sound like the kind of thing that happens when two people are spending way too much time together. I suggest you take a trip sans hubbie.

- Response by keldog4511, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Managerial

dear spicey,

i would pray for a time and place to speak with him about the way he is treating you and let him know how it makes you feel and that he has never done that before. if it continues i would get him to a dr. to do a full physical on him. Brain tumors or things like that can start that kind of aggression near the frontal lobe. is one of his eyes larger than the other. is he slurring, dragging one of his legs a bit, having trouble hearing out of an ear or having a lot of wax come out of his earts? check it out. there may be a medical thing going on here.

hugs, linda

- Response by lindathearteest, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Artist / Musician / Writer

its seems like he is miserable with himself so he wants u to be miserable-try to sit down and air it out i am sure that isnt easy-but try if not let him know u eithr work it out or ur done its not fair for u to be treated like shyt or trashed or put down-believe me when they hate themselves they pass it on instead of getting support from u they take it out on u-maybe suggest counselling
good luck

- Response by blondiee, A Life of the Party, Female, 46-55, New York, Political / Government

I don't think that is love. Love doesn't hurt. You need to make yourself happy. I feel real bad for you. I'll be praying for you. We as woman always put ourselves second. But at the end of the day we have to make choices that we will be able to live with.

- Response by A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Milwaukee, Teaching

Not all men act like this as some marriages get stronger. You have to ask yourself if you are still the woman he married. If you have kept yourself up to date and attractive then he has the problem not you. He might be helping you if you have let yourself go. Have a heart to heart not argue. Rosey