Do Men get ATTACHED when they sleep with Women ?
Dating / 5:36 PM - Monday September 17, 2007

I am moving near a guy in a few months and he actually turned me down for sex after several dates together. He said he does not want to be intimate while Im living 3 hours away from him.
I asked him why and he said he might get too attached and miss me being so far away for 3 more months.
He says that every woman whom he already cared about and feels close to, that after they have had sex he has fallen for them and he is afraid to get involved until im close by.
Does this mean he has no problem having sex with women he doesnt care about ? lol
We are already great friends and I feel close to him but I think his excuse is TOTAL HOGWASH.
As far as I have observed men DO NOT get attached to women just because they have sex finally.
They might crave the woman's contact but do not become emotionally attached.
Is he rare or can men get attached emotionally after sex ? Its kinda sweet & romantic to think he feels deeply for me but Im such a hardboiled cynic its hard for me to imagine that.

- Asked by A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, New York, Fitness

Are all women the same? Can some have unemotional, unattached sex? Most of them - no but there are some that just can.

Same with men. Maybe this guy knows himself well enough that he is telling you the complete honest truth. There are guys that need that emotional attachment - or maybe are mature enough that they only like sex with that attachment because it's more fulfilling.

- Response by rbinaz, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Phoenix, Self-Employed

I think whenever we think something isn't right generally it isn't. If you are moving there anyway you can wait and see but I wouldn't put all my eggs in this basket.

- Response by dee818, A Cool Mom, Female, 56-65, New York, Self-Employed

I hope you didn't eat that hogwash. Its a good way to keep his women intrigued...and sounds like a bragger to me.

- Response by thewiselady2004, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Los Angeles, Self-Employed