I feel like I've known you forever!?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 3:28 PM - Thursday September 06, 2007

I feel like I've known you forever!?

We've all had those moments when we meet someone and just immediately hit it off, the "I feel like I've known you forever" thing, even though you've just met, that instant comfort level and understanding, you know?

I have heard people explain it away with everything from it's just personalities complimenting each other perfectly, that elusive chemistry, knew each other in a past life, kindred souls...whatever it is, it's pretty neat to find it and I think it's quite intriguing.

- Asked by sm913, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Financial / Banking

i always feel like this about everyone i meet for the first time after a couple of drinks;) though next day i might feel a bit different

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

yeah, i have like 24 hour crushes, then i'm over it, lol.

- Response by busyb704, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

I agree. I live for that vibe.

I'm assuming you mean in romantic relationships, but with all my very closest girlfriends, this has always happened, where we just "get" each other on a fundamental level. It's much rarer with men, as of course, you have to factor in that pheromonal chemistry thing.

But it's a great feeling. For me, when I can totally be myself, and talk about anything, I know I'm hanging out with someone I will know for years to come.

- Response by sakura1, A Player, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

It usually hits home when you have common thoughts or ideology about something you care about.. Just an observation...

- Response by troubledsoul, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?

like when we first met and all you wanted to do was have sex?

- Response by jackstraw, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

Its a gift, really. People always tell me that.

- Response by quikslvr, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Farming

I have to agree, 100%....

It's a real blessing to experience it, and it makes you wanna' never lose it, once you really see what it took you to find it, in the first place!....

- Response by bytor, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Artist / Musician / Writer

Sounds like how it felt when my husband and I met. Isn't it called kismet?

- Response by rexy67, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I know what you mean. Its a nice feeling to meet someone complementary to our souls, whether for love or just friendship. I have not had but one of those that turned romantic but it was nice.

That is an awesome feeling and quite amazing when it happens. However, i'm now slightly "jaded" and have a new outlook on this. if i feel like i've know her forever, past life, kindred souls, whatever... i won't pursue it. first of all, if things don't work out, its will hurt all the more. secondly, if i know her already what's the point. if we already had our "time together" in a past life why rehash it. i believe life is about new experiences. and to build a relationship with out the expectaions of "knowing" this person already is much healthier.

But like i said, i'm jaded from a former experience with the whole idea that i found my soul mate. and it crashed and burned.

- Response by guy5432, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?

I've never had that feeling, not even with my own relatives.

- Response by thundermist04167, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?